dszx13

May 28, 2014
minden, la
If I can get the corrosion off without messing up the machine finish ill jus have them cleared. If not im gonna try polishing. If im in over my head with that ill get them powdered a bright silver

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
:bishplz: polished is :hng:

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

While I agree the polished looks better, I'm pretty sure he's going for the least expensive and least maintenance. Which in this case would be the machined, they really don't look bad machined though.

Maintenance upkeep of polished sucks tonneh dicks

Wait, I have more than one? And to think all this time I only thought I had one.

:tableflip:

dszx13

May 28, 2014
minden, la
While I agree the polished looks better, I'm pretty sure he's going for the least expensive and least maintenance. Which in this case would be the machined, they really don't look bad machined though.

Wait, I have more than one? And to think all this time I only thought I had one.

:tableflip:
This lol. I still need to buy helpers. More of a priority than the wheels. My wife is going on swing shift for awhile so my weekends are cut short so I went ahead an stripped them down

dszx13

May 28, 2014
minden, la
Oh also took this a minute ago. I absolutely love it
ee99f9a82e01152d9c9ff483bc96f3b9.jpg

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
I was just saying polish and clear because it looks best and he said he had a powdercoat hookup. Machined doesn't look bad by any means but if you are gonna be having them cleared anyway, why not wait a little longer and take the time to polish them before the clear. Still the same upkeep if they are painted or powdered a different color. Just my .02.

Looks good though. Have you decided what caps to run yet?

dszx13

May 28, 2014
minden, la
Just needs some center caps.

I was just saying polish and clear because it looks best and he said he had a powdercoat hookup. Machined doesn't look bad by any means but if you are gonna be having them cleared anyway, why not wait a little longer and take the time to polish them before the clear. Still the same upkeep if they are painted or powdered a different color. Just my .02.

Looks good though. Have you decided what caps to run yet?

Im gonna use the ones that are on the chrome covers. They fit perfect but dont have anything to bite on. Pry the tabs out a little an silicone them in for now

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
You never sent me any pics so I thought you weren't interested. Lol. Thats about an hour an 15 minutes from me. Ace hardware or walmart in minden is where its at.

I know :/ took the pics and forgot to send them.

I know someone who has Denali wheels that would trade for yours

Use to want Denali wheels to match the Denali front but just not so sure about them anymore.

True but he said he had a powder coat hookup. Polish and clear powder > any other finish (no offense eddeh) lol

This!

Oh also took this a minute ago. I absolutely love it
ee99f9a82e01152d9c9ff483bc96f3b9.jpg

Looks good man

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
Looks good. Will look better with polished wheels and painted handles for sure. That's a 10" kit right?
Can't wait! Wheels are supposed to ship the 29th. Goes in tmorrow for all all the bells and whistles motor wise and in the next few weeks I shoukd have a bunch more stuff powder coated now that things are winding down with it and I have the time
Been raining everyday for the last 6 god damn weeks and work has been nuts, on top of all the other shit we've had to swap over between trucks. So I'm glad this project is winding down a bit lol

Last edited:

Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
That looks fucking awesome. I'm not a Ford person, but can you swap a newer Super Dooky grille/headlights onto that body style? If so, would be tits.

racer36

nbs lyfe
Aug 17, 2014
homer, mi
That looks fucking awesome. I'm not a Ford person, but can you swap a newer Super Dooky grille/headlights onto that body style? If so, would be tits.
would have to get the whole front clip i believe, and a bed because the fender arches are different