Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
You're gonna love the wheel

Hope so man, got it for too good of a deal shipped off gm-trucks forum to pass on it. I've had it since July. I have wanted one since driving your truck during photoshoots and borrowing Morrison's black truck, didn't realize how nice and comfy they made driving over the piece of junk work truck wheel our trucks came with.

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
Sorry about all your bad luck Chris. If it makes you feel any better, I have been having bad luck too this month. I been MAJORLY beefing with my older brother because he still isn't paying the student loan I cosigned for him. Plus I somehow got two nails in my tire the other day. One was in the sidewall, so it can't be repaired. Now I have to fork up $180+ for a new tire.
But I can help you install that steering wheel one day if you want. I swapped Angelo's over for him a while back. You just need to rent a steering wheel puller tool from Auto zone or Advance.

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
Sorry about all your bad luck Chris. If it makes you feel any better, I have been having bad luck too this month. I been MAJORLY beefing with my older brother because he still isn't paying the student loan I cosigned for him. Plus I somehow got two nails in my tire the other day. One was in the sidewall, so it can't be repaired. Now I have to fork up $180+ for a new tire.
But I can help you install that steering wheel one day if you want. I swapped Angelo's over for him a while back. You just need to rent a steering wheel puller tool from Auto zone or Advance.

Appreciate it man, definitely sucks since I would have been making around $25-27 an hour staring the middle of September and been done with everything now I'm stuck waiting until middle of Jan. and have to reapply for the nursing position I already had been given at the VA. That blows about the tires man, Morrison sold a set of 4 brand new 17's for $150 on craiglist right before he left.......Might have to plan a day to do that man, might could do that and talk you into coming over and trying out this power washer and foam gun :secret: lol

CUB

Jan 2, 2011
Shreveport, LA
Hope so man, got it for too good of a deal shipped off gm-trucks forum to pass on it. I've had it since July. I have wanted one since driving your truck during photoshoots and borrowing Morrison's black truck, didn't realize how nice and comfy they made driving over the piece of junk work truck wheel our trucks came with.

Yea man its nicelol... Plan the install and paint the steering wheel pieces at the same time... Having to dismantle the wheel sucks.. I'm about to have to take mine apart to dip my little pieces...
(BTW, my carpet is black from rockauto. Com and the sound deadener was Audio Technix 80mil off eBay.)

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
Yea man its nicelol... Plan the install and paint the steering wheel pieces at the same time... Having to dismantle the wheel sucks.. I'm about to have to take mine apart to dip my little pieces...
(BTW, my carpet is black from rockauto. Com and the sound deadener was Audio Technix 80mil off eBay.)

More than likely just going to leave the pieces the color they are since it's a close match to my current painted pieces. I won't mind taking it back apart if I even get the cash to dip/repaint or decide to try and wrap in vinyl or something. Wish I had some of that purple wrap to experiment with lol.........appreciate the info again on the carpet and deadener :shake:

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
Not a thing has changed on it mods wise. Still have the steering wheel and some other things in the closet to be put on. Had a bolt/lug nut/something from an 18-wheeler in front of me hit the windshield an make it start spidering pretty good. Still havn't gotten the 3-link from Nfamus, need to get back ahold of them and see if they'll send it soon.

Take my NCLEX in March and will be working as an RN after I pass so after that the truck will get some more attention and a new windshield, etc. etc. Then going to think long and hard on if I'm going to keep it and build it or if it'll go up for sale.

If I sell it then the options I've been considering are:
1.) are getting a 09ish accord coupe to daily with some wheels and mild drop and then saving to pick up another older truck to build whether it be bagged or lifted depending on the truck (90's model dually, 03-07 ext or crew, etc. etc.)

2.) Buying a stockish 6 speed 98-02 ws6 trans am to daily as I love those cars and using any left over money to put in the bank until I find another decent priced ext or crew cab (nbs or nnbs that would most likely get lifted) to daily/drive to work and when it's bad weather and to make a small note on to build some credit.

3.) Would be to keep the truck since it's paid for and save a few months and then snag a ws6 but kind of wanting a truck that can pull a trailer/haul more stuff and people which is why I'm debating selling it.

If my truck were an extended cab or crew I'd probably be dead set on keeping it and then just buying a car since it's paid off. Really torn on what to do though so not really going to focus on it until I pass my test because if I don't pass my test I don't have a job anyway. Opinions are welcome though.

Last edited:

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Option 2 or 3, would like to see you keep it and bag it etc but if you sell it then fbody is the only option car wise :imo:

Colton

Mar 20, 2012
I personally think it would be dumb to get rid of it with it being paid off. Rcsbs are perfect for project trucks, keep it and buy another daily once you get going with the new job

GWEE

Jan 31, 2014
Keep it bag it drive it then sell it...... It's really a nice truck and one of the reasons i traded my 08 crewcab for a 13 rcsb. I love my lil truck and after im finished with it will be selling it.

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
Option 2 or 3, would like to see you keep it and bag it etc but if you sell it then fbody is the only option car wise :imo:

Been struggling with this decision for the past couple months. Wanted the accord because I think they look damn good and it would be a great car to drive anywhere/anytime with great mpg but also want a 6 speed ws6 for the fun factor but doub't I'd be able to leave it alone enough to keep it daily driveable.

I personally think it would be dumb to get rid of it with it being paid off. Rcsbs are perfect for project trucks, keep it and buy another daily once you get going with the new job
That was originally the plan since it is paid off. Wanted to keep the truck, do whatever to it and keep it as a fun toy and have something else responsible to daily like the accord or whatever but then got to thinking too much and don't know what I want to do now.

That's still in the cards for sure if I keep it but I've leaned more towards wanting to save to swap in a 6.0 or something and then throw nicer wheels on it and button up other small things.

What all these guys said. Better to keep a paid off vehicle IMO, unless you really just hate it that much.
I don't necessarily hate the truck just how slow it is and the fact it's my daily and has no room for anything. Only reason I considered selling it was to get me something as new and dependable that has more room and to daily/take on trips with good mpg.

Keep it bag it drive it then sell it...... It's really a nice truck and one of the reasons i traded my 08 crewcab for a 13 rcsb. I love my lil truck and after im finished with it will be selling it.

If I keep it and bag it/motor swap/whatever then it will be kept in my name for a reallyyyyy longgggg time unless a dang good cash/trade offer is sent my way. Definitely don't want to pour the cash in it now only to sell it for way less later just to say I built it.

CUB

Jan 2, 2011
Shreveport, LA
The money conscious me says keep it.. Buy something else later

The rcsb hater in me says sell that slow, cramped piece and start over on a slammed Accord..