Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Guys sorry to dissapoint but hopefully lowered CC will happen some day but it will be in adition to a lift CC. I would like to get red CC 4/6 or 5/8, full color match, adapt SS cladding and comp grey TBSS 22 for fiance to DD

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Guys sorry to dissapoint but hopefully lowered CC will happen some day but it will be in adition to a lift CC. I would like to get red CC 4/6 or 5/8, full color match, adapt SS cladding and comp grey TBSS 22 for fiance to DD

Sounds badass

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Springtech decent stuff, found a 2"(spindles)/4"(hanger/shackles) for $300. Wish I could find just spindles for OBS 4wd

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Never used any spring tech parts personally..I will say though, if you are gonna do 2/4 just do a flip and lift shackle because you will want to go lower, ask anybody who started out with a mild drop lol it's a lot less work to just put a stock shackle on for 6" than it would be to put factory hangers and shackles back on and do the flip then

foreverslamed

Apr 17, 2013
wanting to go lowerwith 4wd need help

Hi guys I'm a first timer on here. I have an 04 GMC reg cab short bed. I have already took out the stock block and did a 2" shackle. I'm looking to go a little lower with it bc right now it's able level. I was thinking another 3" for both front and rear. And iv always wanted to do a 4/6 drop too but don't want to ruin the truck it's so clean that I didn't want to do a cnotch and possibly ruin the truck. So I'm asking for help on how low I should go and what I should use to lower it. I'd like to have a good ride with whatever I do. Also I'll be running a set of 20" denial rims with 275/45/20 tires.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
4" is safe in the rear...although I did hit sometimes. Want some good advice? Suck it up and just notch. It's easier to just succumb to the pressure in the beginning

Colyn.

Acrophobic
Mar 17, 2012
Alma, GA
I wasn't going to ever notch either but finally I said screw it and did it... mines stronger than stock ever was and it looks almost factory. Just do a 4/6 or whatever lets you still use 4wd IMO....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Djm 4" lca's up front if you can swing them, if not 2" mcgaughys 17+ spindles and keys
mcgaughys flip/bolt-in notch in the rear
Your choice of shocks..

/thread

Colyn.

Acrophobic
Mar 17, 2012
Alma, GA
Yeah a bolt in DJM notch and I wouldn't run any of their SH imo but some like them and I would just go ahead an get a AVS weld in cause its stronger, bigger and cheaper.... but listen to dakota cause he's a 4WD and knows a lot. Only thing I will add is again a AVS notch and then shock extenders.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jiggie

foreverslamed

Apr 17, 2013
Thanks guys I'll have to keep looking I've been wanting to do this drop for like six month now but want to make sure I do it right

foreverslamed

Apr 17, 2013
So I have a buddy that's willing to give me a set of drop hangers. I was thinking of doing that and then taking out the over load leaf. And do like a 3" drop out front. Right now the rear gap is 5" to top of the tire. And the front is 4" but would be like 41/2 if I didn't crank the keys Down some. Idk if it's worth doing this or just go all out and do a huge kit . With what I got already I think the truck would look good with the hangers and leaf out but idk.

I feel dumb asking this but how do I post pics bc I'd like to show you guys the truck to help me out thanks