Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Upload pictures to photobucket and post img code here
Don't do hangers and overload imo, you will want more low once you get that done and you will end up doing a flip kit anyway so just save yourself some time and work and do it all from the start lol

foreverslamed

Apr 17, 2013
Ok so I looked into doing my drop kit of 4/6. Looks like its going to be about 1000 to do it with lower and upper control arms.and for the drop keys and spindles it's almost 700. Now the questions I have is how will it ride with the drop key option? My stock wheel is a 16 and has good tires and I'd like to keep them so I don't have to spend money on new winter rims but really what I'm trying to get at is that the ride of the truck right now is very Shitty. It's rough and hits hard and I feel everything. So really I wanted to keep the drop cheap but I wound also want a good ride and I'll spend the money for it no problem. Just want feed back on that thanks guys

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
The only way you will be able to run the 16s is if you run the upper and lower arms..if you do spindles you have to run 17+ spindles for them to clear the cv axles

foreverslamed

Apr 17, 2013
I know I would have to run 17s if I did spindles. But what I was thinking is if I did it that way then I'd had to get new rims and tires and it might just cost as much in the end as me getting the control arm kit. But then I might be really low to bc the tires are 235/70/16 and the truck sit low with just those tires.

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
If you can do the control arms, go that route..you can run 4" djm control arms and a flip and have 4/6

bradywells11

Jun 11, 2012
crandall tx
this front end drop is killing me! i have 3" djm LCA's, purple keys
-the torsion bars are loose as hell.
-sway bar end links are to long.
-the tie rod ends are about to break the angle is horrible.
-the tires are getting choppy
coil over swap is sounding better and better.
( i feel better now after that venting) lol

bradywells11

Jun 11, 2012
crandall tx
tubazaze.jpg

djm 3" lca's + spindles is gonna be my best bet. lcas + keys puts a bad angle on everything.
the guys running beltech shocks in the front, whats the model # on them?
i believe mine are to long.

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
I don't think DJM ever made a torsion bar LCA that was rated at 4" of drop...

You are correct..I was told they did at the time of that post but later ended up finding out that they were talking about 2wd lcas..they only have 3" lcas for torsion bar setup

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
So are you raising back up?

Gonna swap back to factory spindles and put my 2500 keys back in to see if thatll fix the bumpsteer issue im having..if not I may try to get stock control arms again (since my stock shit got mixed up in some scrap metal and hauled off)
ideally id love to run coilovers and 4 link the rear but I doubt thatll ever happen

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
So i want to drop the rear of my truck. Right now it has about an inch-1.5 or rake and want to drop it to have some cali. Can I run stock shocks with the blocks removed? Will that ride okay or should I try to pick up some drop shackles?

bradywells11

Jun 11, 2012
crandall tx
pulling the block will work, stock shocks will work.
the ride quality will stay the same.
but it will not be lower than the front.
get shackles also and shock extends or aftermarket shocks. i have 3" djm lcas.buy them and do a 4/6 right from the beginning. cause youll wanna go lower, promise ya.

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
pulling the block will work, stock shocks will work.
the ride quality will stay the same.
but it will not be lower than the front.
get shackles also and shock extends or aftermarket shocks. i have 3" djm lcas.buy them and do a 4/6 right from the beginning. cause youll wanna go lower, promise ya.

Haha dont have the budget or right body style for a drop. Just want to run level without having to crank my keys anymore. Now if you have any extra 2wd u bolts I would be interested in them :cheeky: