Colton

Mar 20, 2012
Been wanting a ruckus for awhile, and with me just taking everything off my truck I thought it was a good time to start a cheap project before I start doing stupid things to the truck again. So I went and picked up a ruckus Friday. It's a black 2012. Plans are to try and keep it pretty simple for now and eventually do stretch and fatty kit after riding it for a few months. Here's a picture in completely stock form

t7enav.jpg

The second I got home before I even went inside I started to tear it apart. I got as much of the ugly stuff off as I could for now until parts started showing up. I took the mirrors off, and took all the plastics off.

1589oxe.jpg

Here's a list of what if ordered so far, that should be here sometime this week. Lowered seat frame, Led taillight so I can shave off the horrible lights they come with, flush mount led turn signals for the front so I can shave off the huge blinkers they have up there, a couple air filters so I can take the huge black air box off, and a black gas tank cover. Still trying to decide on handlebars so that will be ordered as soon as I can make my mind up. I'll try and update this as I get things on

I'm still trying to decide what kinda scheme I want to go with. I'm torn between a black, or a flat color with chrome and white walls, or a bright candy color and chrome with just normal tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Colton

Mar 20, 2012
That's not a bass boat

Lmao, did some thinking and figured it made more sense to wait until next spring when I'm out of school. Seemed kind of dumb for me to get a boat now and it sit up from August until next summer while I'm in grad school. So I got this instead for not even a 1/4 of the amount I was going to spend on a boat

Last edited:

Graystone

Apr 25, 2014
If under 50cc you don't need a motorcycle endorsement in Wisconsin at least. I think it is a pretty common standard

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Yup. In NY anything 50cc and larger requires a license. Even if the motor is a little smaller (49/48cc) but it's marketed as a 50, it's required.

Colton

Mar 20, 2012
Do you need a motorcycle license to drive one of these?

curious as well. I want to say no.

Also, whats the insurance and all that on one of these?

No you don't need one because it is under 50cc. At least that is what a bunch of guys from Louisiana on a ruckus forum said. Said they have been pulled over before and just told them it was a 49cc ruckus and they were good. Insurance on it is $9.xx something a month lol

Colton

Mar 20, 2012
whats ruckus forum? I want to go look at badass ones, any good ones in classifieds for reasonable price?
Not around us I don't think. I didn't look much because I wanted a stock one. It's totalruckus.com. They don't like to talk much over there, but there is everything you need to know about every mod somewhere on there.

Sat at lunch and watched turbo ruckus videos. So much want.
Don't do that, you'll end up getting one. I started looking, and couldn't stop looking. And now I have one lol

James Pate

Mar 27, 2012
Margate, Fl
Nice man congrats! Hoping to pick up mine in July. I'll probably go with a brand new one as there isn't that much of a price difference and it will help my credit. Can't wait to see progress.

Colton

Mar 20, 2012
Nice man congrats! Hoping to pick up mine in July. I'll probably go with a brand new one as there isn't that much of a price difference and it will help my credit. Can't wait to see progress.
Thanks man! That's why I went ahead and got new. I couldn't find a used one for a decent price. Made more sense to spend $100-$200 more and just buy new.
:scooter: if you need monies, i need my ipad fixed again :lol:
Haha shoot me a pm and we'll figure it out. That was awhile ago, so it should be much cheaper now