Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
Don't like Civics? Don't care, see yourself out of this thread and go suck start a shotgun.

Now that that's out of the way, I figured I'd start a build thread on my car since all the Civic forums I've found have been "sub-par".

2012 Civic Si Coupe Non-Navigation
2.4l 6 speed
30+ mpg mod

I've had the car for a year now and haven't done too much to it so far, but I'm loving it... it's quick, fun to drive, comfortable, and gets amazing gas mileage. I plan on having this thing for the long run since I'm trying to grow up and be semi-responsible, so I've got some plans for it to make it more enjoyable.

Current mods:
-Debadged except for Si emblems (black overlays)
-Removed front license plate bracket
-20% tint on back window and 35% on side windows
-JDM as f0k yellow fogs
-5000k 35w Morimoto HIDs
-Red interior ambient lighting kit

Future mods:
-Full-Race catted down pipe
-Full-Race cat back exhaust
-CT Engineering supercharger (maybe)
-Hondata FlashPro
-D2 RS Coilovers
-Varrstoen ES221s (18x9.5)

When I bought it:

How it sits now:

Last edited:
i think i would throw rims on it and leave it IMO
buy a project truck or find somewhere to invest your money to retire earlier or something

Don't listen to Ginger :crazy: lol

I don't mind the honda thread, I've always wanted/considered one for a DD. I'd just do stuff that would still keep it dependable with a lot of MPG's.

custom chopper :read:
Meh, I'm not a chopper fan. If anything, this bike will be traded in in a few years on a Road/Street Glide.
i think i would throw rims on it and leave it IMO
buy a project truck or find somewhere to invest your money to retire earlier or something
In reality, what will probably happen is I'll get the exhaust, coilovers, and wheels/tires and be done with it.

I've had a project truck and we all saw how that went (I got frustrated and sold it).

I have plenty of investments, I'm a shareholder in my company and I have a 401k that gets contributed to on a regular basis.

Don't listen to Ginger :crazy: lol

I don't mind the honda thread, I've always wanted/considered one for a DD. I'd just do stuff that would still keep it dependable with a lot of MPG's.

I don't plan on it :crazy:

They really do make awesome DDs, my mom is a lot of the reason I have this car. Growing up she always had "sporty" Hondas with her last being an S2K. I think the Si is a pretty close cousin to the S2K. The fact that I now spend ~$40/week in gas when I used to spend ~$120/week in the truck is enough justification for me.

Last edited:
something like this

brass_balls_69_zpsda9a0f5b.jpg

SI's are fun little cars and that k24 sounds sick with an intake and cat back. You stancing? Why coilovers insteadof just drop Springs?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

The gas saved probably nearly pays the note lol....I want to look at them when I'm done with school so I can park the truck and tear it down more without having to have other transportation. No telling what I'll end up with though.

Post some pictures of the wheels, etc you plan on getting

something like this
I don't mind that one too much, I just like something comfortable that I can get on a ride though when it comes to a bike. If I did get another bike other than my Harley, it would be another sport bike.
SI's are fun little cars and that k24 sounds sick with an intake and cat back. You stancing? Why coilovers insteadof just drop Springs?
I've been watching videos online of intake/exhaust and they seem to sound pretty good if you get the right setup, not too ricey. I'm looking for the flush-ish stance and I don't think springs would give me enough drop. Having the adjust-ability to be able to crank them back up in the winter time and throw my stocks/winter tires on would be nice too.
That's a bobber, not a traditional chopper :imo: but either way :hng:

Guy I work with has an Si and he loves it, wouldn't mind a civic after the impala dies
I never really thought I'd be an import guy, but they are surprisingly addicting. The nice thing about them is that they're cheaper (relatively speaking) than trucks too, this thing stickered at ~$21k.
The gas saved probably nearly pays the note lol....I want to look at them when I'm done with school so I can park the truck and tear it down more without having to have other transportation. No telling what I'll end up with though.

Post some pictures of the wheels, etc you plan on getting
It seriously does. $80/week savings works out to like $350/mo almost. It almost makes me sick thinking that I spent an extra $350/mo just to drive a truck. For someone that only commutes a few miles to work, a leveled truck with 33s would work okay, but I drive ALOT.

Last edited:
i drive .25 miles to work :pirate:
:rage:
I'm sure at some point I will build a house close to my office, but I don't see that happening for a little bit. When it does happen, I'll go back to a truck for a DD.
Buddy Club N+ coils on RS's imo
There are literally so many coilovers out now for the 9th gen that it makes it hard to chose. I'm just thinking about D2s because everyone has pretty good reviews about them overall. I am thinking about Buddy Club's short shifter though.

So, when are you buying suspension parts?

Just wondering, because I'm interested in the car when you go to sell it after you don't install anything :cheeky: