Jordan's 9th Gen Civic Si Build Thread

Got the subs/amp installed. I still need to grab some wire loom and tidy up some wiring in the trunk, but I ran out of time. I'm not hugely impressed with LOCs, this is my first time using one and it only sounds "meh" compared to when they were hooked up through my headunit in my old car. I wanted to maintain my OEM stereo so I didn't lose my stock aux and USB inputs and i-MID screen, but I think I'll be upgrading to a double din for better quality soon.

I ran a LOC off the rear speakers right there at the top of the trunk and it sounded like ass in my 8th gen. But those OEM radios are so fucking huge that I didn't want a DD.

Speakers look good in there though. Still got room. I didn't lol.

Word. I'm just not 100% happy with it, it doesn't sound bad, just not to its potential (since I know how it used to sound). I've still got plenty of room, which is nice.

The bass sounded good and was decently clean but hearing the voices come through the subs ran me up a wall. So I kept the gain way down.

My left and right channels on the LOC are paired and tapped off the stock 8" subwerrrrferrrr so I'm not getting any voices coming through, it just isn't the best quality ever. That, and if there's a ~15 second pause in bass (like between songs) the LOC will shut off and there's a delay when it comes back on which pisses me off. I need to look into that.

Last edited: