bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
Well Since I stole my flt 4l65e from my RCSB to go into my CC late this summer, Im in need of a new trans for the truck. Ive always wanted to switch it over to a 6 speed manual, but with a perfectly good and stout built trans it seemed unnessary.

So plan was to get a T56 and have it built up, however I was unaware that there is like a nation wide shortage of T56 cores, not a single builder I talked to would sell me one as a core, and required one to build it.

At this point I was directed towards a t 56 magnum. Capable of handling 700/700 wheel, which would be perfect for my truck, and future plans. SUPRISEEEE They are much shorter and different shifter locations, so for a truck it wouldn't really work.

RPM Transmission had my solution. They convert new T56 magnums to be bolt in ready for Camaro and GTO(which i need), and offer it in there Lvel 5 upgrade...capable of 1000/1000 wheel lol

So i ordered that, and also a new GM Camaro slave, and a Monster Stage 2 Twin disk setup with a billet flywheel also capable of 1200/1200...kinda overkill, but it looks like I wont be changing trannys ever regardless of my setup(hoping to add a procharger at 6psi for a little extra pull) but that will depend on wether I decide to renovate my master suite this year lol

New RPM
IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4099.jpg

Magnum has a 31 spline Output, so I have a new yoke for my driveshaft to swap that over
IMG_4100.jpg

Some of the new Manual conversion stuff from GM

Master and Reservoir
null_zpsdcb19bee.jpg

5 speed crossmember
null_zps22498f36.jpg

Clutch Pedal
null_zpsa1acfbbe.jpg
[/IMG]

Also have a new column cover to remove shifter, new bearings, pedal covers etc

Trans comes in 3 weeks, I'll post some more as I progress with the conversion

Last edited:

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I'm subbing the hell out of this thread. That is my plan eventually with mine. My favorite rcsb just keeps getting better and better.

And if you 'accidentally' want to order another trans, I'll pm you my address :crazy:

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
Ive been eyeing up the D1sc kit for my truck. Some knowledgeable folks seem to think I can run one at 6 or 7psi, with some Meth, with my compression ratio.

Im running rouighly 12:1 on my lq9, which is alot for boost, but I wanna get adventurous. If I can run it for a few years until it pops I'll be happy, then I can just build a 408 for boost. When i built the lq9, I had no intentions for boost, but Ive grown tired of how it sits, so time for something new!

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Drive over border, swap motors with me, drive back and boost 4.8 to pieces while building 408 :imo:

GeoffSFAs10

May 7, 2012
St. Louis, MO
That's pretty cool.

Since I've never seen it, what are the specs on the motor in the reg cab? Its gotta be something nice since Ive seen the burnout pictures but don't know what motivates it.

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
its a lq9 block and bottom end. Has PRC stage 2.5 243 heads. TSP 231/234 111lsa cam. LS2 timing chain, ported oil pump, ARH Lts and Cats, E fans, etc. ALLLLL the bells and whistles. PRetty much "restored" engine bay when i did the swap too. NEver ran or dyno'd, but it moves alright. ID peg it around 425ish wheel. Would be happywith 500 wheel with procharger on low boost, WEll see tho. PRocharger is not a definite

J_Corr

Mar 27, 2012
yes pls!

Swap gonna be this years "winter project"? If not I know a guy with a truck...

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
Been getting some great advice from a seasoned vet, and Im gonna change up my master and line stratgey. Apprently with the heavy twin disc I will easily snap the plastic master.

Looks like i'll be ordering a Tick performance adjustable c5 one and reinfircing/bolting it to the firewall

Last edited:

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
If you need post some of stock 5spd stuff for reference, let me know. I doubt it, seeing as you research your projects very well.