Chewy07

Wookie on the Beat
Apr 9, 2013
Stillwater, OK
How do you guys like the 6.2? I'm most likely be selling my duramax in the summer and really want to get into a nnbs. Mainly been wanting to get a denali after seeing daniels build on here. Any big problems I need to be aware of beside the afm which I will turn off with a BB tune. I will most likely level, exhaust, Volant cia and 33" terra grapplers or toyo mts on stock wheels.

Alecks

Jul 9, 2012
No to Terras.
Daniel is in love with his lol, I love it also. Anyone I've ever talked to talks great about their 6.2 besides gas mileage which is probably gonna be normal for you coming from diesel

Alecks

Jul 9, 2012
Lemme rephrase my previous statement about diesel mileage, I meant for the price of diesel versus what you're gonna pay for gas

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
Lemme rephrase my previous statement about diesel mileage, I meant for the price of diesel versus what you're gonna pay for gas

diesel people don't talk about the cost of diesel :okay: we need a solid excuse to drive a big truck with a diesel engine MPG is our only solid excuse!!!

leave us alone!!!

Chewy07

Wookie on the Beat
Apr 9, 2013
Stillwater, OK

Ya I checked the prices of premium and it's like 10 cents cheaper than diesel. Don't you always have to run 91 in the 6.2 or can you put regular in them or will it set off the timing of the motor?

Alecks

Jul 9, 2012
diesel people don't talk about the cost of diesel :okay: we need a solid excuse to drive a big truck with a diesel engine MPG is our only solid excuse!!!

leave us alone!!!

:rofl:

Ya I checked the prices of premium and it's like 10 cents cheaper than diesel. Don't you always have to run 91 in the 6.2 or can you put regular in them or will it set off the timing of the motor?

fuk. completely forgot about that. if you could run reg, you'd drop like 80 cents a gallon almost

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
selling a nice nbs for a nnbs is silly. I owned a loaded one, and it was junk in comparison. Keep ypur truck for a year, and buy a 2014 used

mike.

Jan 29, 2011
North Mississippi
IMO nbs>nnbs

Sent from a secure terminal using the classified military network

Agree 110%. My soon to be father in law has a loaded 2010 crew cab which I've driven a few times. My old 07 classic would take shits on it all day. I would own one but the NBS is just a better truck overall in quality and ride.

Sent from my b hole

TheBrettster

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
love the shit out of my 6.2 fucking things got some serious balls, MPG is better than the runner. 12-13 City and 18 Highway.

nickyreno

Oct 7, 2013
Lake Tahoe, NV
I've owned a 4.3, 4.8, 6.0 and now the 6.2. The NNBS 6.2 is my fav by far. I had the choice between an LBZ and the 6.2 and I chose the 6.2 bc I couldn't justify driving 11,000 lbs around town. The 6.2 has plenty of power and potential for anyone's needs. But IMO, nothing beats a really clean NBS diesel. Especially an LBZ.

Edit: This all being said, the NNBS interior and interior options of the Denali shits on the NBS.

Last edited: