I need a test subject.

jayballz

Apr 1, 2012
Hello sirs (and m'ams), if anyone just so happens to have a nnbs tailgate laying around that they wouldn't mind letting me borrow, that would be great. You will get it back, however it will be shaved and it won't cost you a dime. I need a gate to make a template for the top of the gate and such. So if anyone has any, let me know.

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
I'll let you use mine, however, I'd need a contract that if all went terrible and my gate were messed up to hell and back I'd be reimbursed with another gate as I don't have the money for another. Lol.

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
As long as I either

A.) get a perfectly shaved gate back painted silver birch

or

B.) Get a perfect condition silver birch gate back if the shaving goes south lol

CUB

Jan 2, 2011
Shreveport, LA
Is dis thread serious...2 of your roomates and 2 of your friends all have nnbs tailgates...and 1 of them in particular needs the top shaved

RTM355

Mar 13, 2012
Alabama Boy
They must not trust his handwork... I would do it since I have no need for my tail gate in the winter but just don't know .

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
They must not trust his handwork... I would do it since I have no need for my tail gate in the winter but just don't know .

Haha, I'm one of the said roommates and Cub is one of the said friends. I trust him as he shaved another members NBS gate. I just hear lots about the NNBS being more difficult and warping. I think he could do it I just stated what I did as I wouldn't want to be left empty handed and without a gate.

jayballz

Apr 1, 2012

Not to sound dickish, but my handwork is pretty damn good. I've worked on several forum members trucks and all been completely happy with the work, as far as I'm aware. I've just never shaved a nnbs gate and there is a lot more involved in doing it.

Last edited: