Col 10

Custom GM
May 17, 2012
Texas
Picked up a clean 2006 duramax cc over the weekend and as requested here is my build thread. This build will be pretty slow for the most part but will mod as i can. My plan is to do a clean leveled look since thats what setup i always return to (like my nnbs lol). The truck is self is pretty clean it has a few things that need to be fixed but for its age and only having 83k on it i couldnt be happier with it.

Plans:

Suspension:
Inner and Outer tie rods
Steering Stabilizer
Idler and Pitman arm
Cognito Upper Control arms
Crank it alittle more to make it level
Bilstein shocks all around

Exterior:
Cleared lights
Cm mirrors
Cm handles
Cm flares
Cm bow tie
Cm top pad
5% tint all around
Amp steps

Performance:
Straight pipe
Tune
Havent really looked into performance mods so i will update this as i find things to do.

Interior:
5k led swap
Weather techs
Full console

What ive done:
Demold
Destepped
Debadged
De pin striped
Wet sanded and buffed

When me and country_09 went to the dealer to check it out

Taking everything off and wet sanding areas and buffing

After i washed it off

How it sits now

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
nice. im sure if you throw some nice pieces at the suspension to level it out, you will like it since you are right, you always end up going to a leveled rig. kinda laughed when i saw you bought a duramax at a ford dealer lol.

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
Best gm truck ever made too!

Are you planning on doing upgraded tie rods? Would suggest Heavy duty ones from Rare Parts ETC instead of stock replacements. Help alot with the slop. So does the Cognito braces

Col 10

Custom GM
May 17, 2012
Texas
Yeah I'm going to do aftermarket rods with the cognito braces. I'll look into the rare parts etc ones.

Col 10

Custom GM
May 17, 2012
Texas
So. Fucking. Jelly. What that set you back if u don't mind me asking? That truck would pull $30k here.

After trade in I got it for 17k. Got it for a steal super clean only has 83,000 miles on it one owner never had a gooseneck in it either.

Col 10

Custom GM
May 17, 2012
Texas
No they were asking 22k for the dmax. After trading in my mustang and putting the equity from the mustang down on the truck I walked out at 17k.

My mustang was not paid off. But I got more on trade in then what I owed. Hope that helps the confusion

Last edited:

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
:notbad:

Hell, that is easily a high 20s truck here all day with the miles, even being a 2wd. $22k was a steal even before the trade.