Why I will never own a toyota

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Alot of yotas have frame rot issues, but they deal with them well imo. Friend had late 90s taco, frame rot recall came out and they bought the truck from him for 1.5x kbb value. My cousin just got a 2000 tundra, and they just had a frame recall. They gave him the choice to sell for 1.5x kbb value, or get a brand new frame for free. He opted for the frame. They took his truck and have him free rental car till he got his truck back with brand new frame and I believe some other goodies like wires. Even heard where they did 2x kbb value sometimes. I wish GM had rocker panel recalls for free!

sent from your HTC Rezound

:qft: I can't emphasize this enough. Co-worker got new frame a few months ago in his 2001 Tundra... while they were at it they replaced all worn bushings, balljoints, shocks, etc. etc. etc. Bish drives like a new truck and it cost him like 1,000 in non-warranty parts. :notbad: :imo:

IMI4tth3w

Jan 27, 2011
San Antonio, TX
i have nothing against them other than the tundras and 4 runners/land cruiser/all similar models have the shittiest wheels to balance. none of the fucking cones really work right and none of our wheel weights really properly fit or hammer on easily. also their studs are like .2" long and always break/cross thread/fuck up for no reason.