Harsh lock up with Circle D stall

Slow05CC

Avery@texas-speed.com
Apr 25, 2014
Round Rock, Tx.
I have noticed since my tune that the converter lock up is rather harsh compared to other gears. I was just wondering if this is normal for a high speed stall?

Currently I have the stock 4l60e with a vette servo being the only mod. The rest of the transmission is being adjusted by the tune. I have a rebuilt trans that needs to be installed and its has a mild build with a transgo sk60e shift kit. Once this is in, and the trans has been tuned back to stock specs will the lock up still be harsh?

When I say harsh I don't mean a nasty shift its just not smooth like the other gears. My lock up is at 47 mph and if you are easy on the gas when you hit the lock up mph it kind of feels like you just got rear ended. If you are at half throttle it locks up around 55 - 60 and its not as harsh but its still has a jolt once it locks up.

So with this being said does it sounds like my newer trans and a good tune will fix? or that is just how things are with a stall?

Thanks
J.

Oct 16, 2011
SoCal
sounds like u need to adjust the tune for the circleD. When I installed my I6 TB converter, the lock up was all screwy...a simple retune fixed it.

Slow05CC

Avery@texas-speed.com
Apr 25, 2014
Round Rock, Tx.
sounds like u need to adjust the tune for the circleD. When I installed my I6 TB converter, the lock up was all screwy...a simple retune fixed it.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah the new trans and a new tune would eliminate a lot of my current issues.

My idle is wack. Some days it wants to lope and other days it sounds stock. Also lunges when stopped in drive ( idles at 1000rpm when warm ). Anyway, that isn't on topic...

Carry on!