Moe

Mar 24, 2012
sup everybody, havent posted here in a while, but a coworker of mine was wondering what ways are possible to air bag a his 08 Ext cab GMC without having to cnotch it at all..said the he would like to bag it all around but that the lowest he would want for the truck to drop is around 4/6 or 5/7
and he also asked about the Air over Shocks from Ridetech and helper bags

what can he do
thanks

Jose.

Loves tacos
Mar 11, 2012
Runaway Bay (N.TX)
He wants to bag it AND run helper bags? Why? He should just static drop it. It wont be anywhere close to laying out without notching the frame.

Moe

Mar 24, 2012
He wants to bag it AND run helper bags? Why? He should just static drop it. It wont be anywhere close to laying out without notching the frame.

No not both but he was asking what differente ways he can bag it
What are his options
And he dosent want to be laying out

He wants the bags so he can pick it up stock height
While driving and when he parks it to drop it and have it at like 4 6 or 5 7 dropped When its aired out

But he does not want to do a cnotch because he still hauls stuff and just dosent trust it

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas

I know there are more, but that should suffice, and bagging a nnbs for just 4/7 is dumb, 4/7 isn't really that low in the nnbs at all. It would be a complete waste of money. He can still tow with bags, it won't effect the frame or capacity when done right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
I agree, if you're going to bag then go all out but if he's set on his plan he might could use drop spindles and then cups in the front then a flip kit and helper bags in the rear and run it all to some air management.

Moe

Mar 24, 2012

I agree, if you're going to bag then go all out but if he's set on his plan he might could use drop spindles and then cups in the front then a flip kit and helper bags in the rear and run it all to some air management.

Same thing i told him but he hard headed
he also gonna check some local shops like big h customs and see what they tell them

CUB

Jan 2, 2011
Shreveport, LA
:rofl: This sounds retarded
He wants the bags so he can pick it up stock height
While driving and when he parks it to drop it and have it at like 4 6 or 5 7 dropped When its aired out

That ride would be stiff as hell...why not just drop it to like 4/6 while driving? Instead of laid out? Lmao this thread is mind boggling

Moe

Mar 24, 2012
:rofl: This sounds retarded

That ride would be stiff as hell...why not just drop it to like 4/6 while driving? Instead of laid out? Lmao this thread is mind boggling

Same thing i told him
So i said that i would check on the forums and like ebryone says we all told him to just go ahead and bag it

Moe

Mar 24, 2012
But is dead set on not cutting up the truck
But he wants to bag it...

jayballz

Apr 1, 2012
Tell him not to touch it then. You gotta cut stuff to get low. Simple fact.

Scraffa707

Apr 10, 2013
No point to bagging for a 4-7 like everyone says
Do a simple 3-5 with the helper bags that would be way more functional
He could also go lower and use air shocks off a 02 Denali
Wouldn't work as well as the bags but it would make a difference