would like opinion on truck i just looked at

yeah it's 4wd. I gotta see what I can get it for. I'll let you know but that truck you're looking at seems like a good deal if you figure the codes out.

yeah its a good deal for sure but the codes do scare me a bit but sometimes you have to take a chance ...but if i don't have too id rather not so when will you know about the truck ?

P0700 is the opening to pandoras box. This code states that we have a trans problem ( all 700 codes relate to drivetrain) and you need to read on to find all the related codes. When I say read on, I mean scan further because P0700 only tells you which computer picked up the problem. In this case it is the TCM ( transmission control module).

P0700 is the opening to pandoras box. This code states that we have a trans problem ( all 700 codes relate to drivetrain) and you need to read on to find all the related codes. When I say read on, I mean scan further because P0700 only tells you which computer picked up the problem. In this case it is the TCM ( transmission control module).

Yeah DNW any P0700 code. Esp P0776. BRB Allison heart attack.

Just pull the tranny dip stick on passenger side and see if the fluid is orange and/or smells burnt. Also a reason to run away if you can't get to read past the P0700.

Last edited:
Yeah DNW any P0700 code. Esp P0776. BRB Allison heart attack.

Just pull the tranny dip stick on passenger side and see if the fluid is orange and/or smells burnt. Also a reason to run away if you can't get to read past the P0700.

if you my end price for your truck is near the ball park of that truck ill come get it

Last edited:
Marc, PM me details on truck. If clean looking white LBZ I will give dude $15,000 cash

the way I look at it is if you get for 17K put at least another $8k min to fix issues.

Locally your gonna spend at least $6000 for a mild tranny build. I know of no one that comes recconmeded. COuld drive to 'Merica and spend $5500-$6500 for billet shafts and everything.

THen your most likely gonna have to buy new ECM, Fleabay is usally $400-$500.

Glow plugs I'd leave alone untill motor is ripped out.

will still have $1500 to clear figure out other codes.

THen your typical PCV reroute, EGR delete, studs, kryptonite front steering, a good tune up, all new fluids and filters so another $2k right there.

Last edited:
Yeah that trans code is no bueno but that price sounds really good actually. Like you said, that's a 27-28k truck all day long, maybe even 30k down here if it didn't have the issues. With the issues that's right in line with what I've seen here need trans work/etc

would need a tech II to look into codes. Like I told marc, get a tech II and go for a drive. Watch lock up and shifts. Should narrow issues down.

would need a tech II to look into codes. Like I told marc, get a tech II and go for a drive. Watch lock up and shifts. Should narrow issues down.

my brothers shop has a fancy code reader i am guessing its a tech 2 since they have around 20 dmax trucks on the road and one 6.5 :rofl: the only thing the shop doesn't do on trucks is tranny work they just send it away

but that reader is work reader and wasn't aloud out of the shop :shrug: maybe cause its like $5k

I looked at a similar truck a few months ago, fully loaded lbz ccsb 4x4 with 98k, truck was MINT bcuz old man owned. was going to pay 26k out the door. Again, this truck was cleaner than your girlfriend's pussy. Looked like a brand new truck.

my brothers shop has a fancy code reader i am guessing its a tech 2 since they have around 20 dmax trucks on the road and one 6.5 :rofl: the only thing the shop doesn't do on trucks is tranny work they just send it away

but that reader is work reader and wasn't aloud out of the shop :shrug: maybe cause its like $5k

I call bullshit. those readers are always out of shop. How else would you diagnose a problem if you can't drive truck with code reader hooker up?