would like opinion on truck i just looked at

Getting the torque converter bolts out is a son of a bitch. Playing musical chairs with Allison transmissions doesn't sound like fun

Seems like a ton of wasted time and money for a stock tranny. YOu drive right buy DHD going to Cornell's. He pumps out built tranny's all the time for $5k. That's your best bet. While there get him to do a DSP5 and a once over on the truck. His reputation is amazing, fair prices and an all around good people.

Seems like a ton of wasted time and money for a stock tranny. YOu drive right buy DHD going to Cornell's. He pumps out built tranny's all the time for $5k. That's your best bet. While there get him to do a DSP5 and a once over on the truck. His reputation is amazing, fair prices and an all around good people.

ill get a tranny when i for sure need tranny and ill be in BC in mid march with the truck....planning on getting all the fluids and filters changed next week.

Transynd is expensive as shit! Also see if they have an OEM deep pan at the allison dealer. When I picked up 20 filters and the transynd, they had one just had it sitting there and I asked the front desk guy how much? He said $20.

When I went to the shop to get my stuff I grabbed it and tossed it in the truck. Lead Mechanic threw a fit like a little girl and even went to the manager who I made deal with cuz it was going in his truck after hours :rage:

Transynd is expensive as shit! Also see if they have an OEM deep pan at the allison dealer. When I picked up 20 filters and the transynd, they had one just had it sitting there and I asked the front desk guy how much? He said $20.

When I went to the shop to get my stuff I grabbed it and tossed it in the truck. Lead Mechanic threw a fit like a little girl and even went to the manager who I made deal with cuz it was going in his truck after hours :rage:

so i have to find an Allison dealer to get filter ? or you mean just a gm dealer who sells allison stuff ?

if oil hasn't been changed in 2 years I'd also do internal filter. It's pretty easy to do.

GM's way of doing fluid change is a 2 step flush and IMO I don't like that ideal. Go on dieselplace and search WOOT. It's you best bet

Allison deal is cheaper than GM for both filters and transynd fluid. I think I paid $35-ish for 2 filters and fluid. Stuffs about $50-$60 a gallon.

if oil hasn't been changed in 2 years I'd also do internal filter. It's pretty easy to do.

GM's way of doing fluid change is a 2 step flush and IMO I don't like that ideal. Go on dieselplace and search WOOT. It's you best bet

Allison deal is cheaper than GM for both filters and transynd fluid. I think I paid $35-ish for 2 filters and fluid. Stuffs about $50-$60 a gallon.

so you suggest i find a allison dealer ?