madmann26

Sep 22, 2014
Lilburn, Georgia
Thanks Ginger,

I managed to get the uppers/lowers replaced on both sides. I just need to jack the arms up and put the shocks in. Next week I'll do the c-notch/flip/carrier bearing relocate then get an alignment.

madmann26

Sep 22, 2014
Lilburn, Georgia
Post up some pics of your truck when it's all done!

Will do.

Side note.

The balljoints and tie rod ends were shot (IMO). I took the outer tie-rod end and held it up, shook it and the pivot point waved back at me. LOL!

I guess that's not a good thing?

I'll have 4 new balljoints, 2 new tie-rod ends (rack/pinion here) and all new poly bushings in the control arms. It should be tight as 72 virgins! :D

Will do.

Side note.

The balljoints and tie rod ends were shot (IMO). I took the outer tie-rod end and held it up, shook it and the pivot point waved back at me. LOL!

I guess that's not a good thing?

I'll have 4 new balljoints, 2 new tie-rod ends (rack/pinion here) and all new poly bushings in the control arms. It should be tight as 72 virgins! :D

should have gotten some rod end tierods. they work great

madmann26

Sep 22, 2014
Lilburn, Georgia
should have gotten some rod end tierods. they work great

Engrish?

Yesterday I had about an hour to work on it so I got the rear of the truck on jack stands and got the leafs unbolted from the axle. The axle is on jack stands now. I started to remove the hitch and broke my adapter for my cordless impact....wasn't an impact adapter....lol...will have some more time next week to work on it and get it finished up.

Engrish?

Yesterday I had about an hour to work on it so I got the rear of the truck on jack stands and got the leafs unbolted from the axle. The axle is on jack stands now. I started to remove the hitch and broke my adapter for my cordless impact....wasn't an impact adapter....lol...will have some more time next week to work on it and get it finished up.

whats not to understand.

you should have gotten the rod end style tie rods. i think they hold up better and are tighter then the standard style ones. whats his name, with the bagged black RCSB denali clipped truck makes them.

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
Engrish?

He's talking about heim joints, like these.

14322133888_e2867a847c_h.jpg

DeanH1290

Jan 20, 2014
Georgetown KY
whats not to understand.

you should have gotten the rod end style tie rods. i think they hold up better and are tighter then the standard style ones. whats his name, with the bagged black RCSB denali clipped truck makes them.
Talking about Brett? @Tukn4's