Samuels 05 sierra crewcab build

well bump to the top.

After racing a few locals. Iv verrrry happy with the setup. The big converter is doing better than i thought with street pulls.

TBSS headers/tune 13.8 in the 1/4.... killed him from a 20 role then ~110 he started to reel me in
My buddy who went 13.6 in his 10 sierra he got the jump but we were dead even until 90 i started pulling hard on him
my buddies 14.5 1/4 4.8 blew the doors off that truck from 65 after letting him start ahead of me
peytons duramax- fuck deezol he got me from a 30 role, will rematch after toon

Current plans that are next on the TO-DO list.

TUNE-Dyno/street tune from geoff skinner @ EPS same guy I bought my cam from. Hes local to me. I'd tune it my self but I'm really wanting to get on the dyno see what she lays down, i want someone with plenty of knowledge to tune it to spin 7000rpms, and mainly im wanting to see if I have any valve float spinning that high. Hes also offers a discount on tune/dyno time IF you purchased your cam through him so that another perk.

Radials- i will soon order a set of M&H racemasters, truck wont even come remotely close to hooking up on the track even with the traction bars i have on it. I will get the 275/50/17s and mount them to a set of chevy 17s. Nice budget setup.

Fix bed- backed my car into my truck. Have some slight damage to a bedside that already had damage from the person i inherited the truck from.

other plans- sooner or later ill get around to picking up a 6.0 my buddy has been having sitting on the loft in his shop, no hurry to get it hes not advertising it (has money dont have time to deal with trying to get rid of it) . Ill also eventually buy the NX proton kit and shoot a 100 shot through it. Cheap and effective, ill eventually slowly upgrade the kit as money permits.

Does need four-link but I dont have the time or money for it being im about to start school again.

NX I'v read mixed reviews but their proton kit has some good reviews and gives me plenty of room to build bigger off of. Its just a simple fogged wet shot, eventually id buy a nice Nosoutlet plate and hook it up to that.

i think its mostly their valves iirc, which also happen to be the most expensive part lol
oh
and if you're going to 4 link it dont do a double parallel 4 link

I dont know nothing about "link" setups, Peyton was talking about doing a 4 link on mine the other day but once i looked at coil-overs its gonna be awhile lol.

Ill have to do some research when the time comes.

when you think of 4-links theres two kinds for the most part
triangulated and parallel
you want a 4 link that has the bars parallel left to right but triangulated top to bottom, the 4link like KP is double parallel ends up giving you an instant center somewhere in china

yep ^^ that's jap talk to me. I need to research what would be best for my setup/use. Talk to peyton too since he seems very knowledgeable on the subject as well.

It would be :turbohump: to be on coil overs though! My truck rides pretty rough the way it is and im actually wanting to raise it some

Nice thread man :up: just one question though....how do you know so much about engine upgrades? Reading through your thread makes me think you're a pro engine builder lol

Nice thread man :up: just one question though....how do you know so much about engine upgrades? Reading through your thread makes me think you're a pro engine builder lol

long time havent seen this sorry for late reply.
The local scene here for performance trucks is very very strong. On any day i could plan a meet and have 20-30 show up. Iv learned everything through them and PT.net as well as LS1 tech.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Ok guys i got a half decent run in at the track.
Crew cab still untuned. 6200 shift point, only 21* timing on skreet tyas. taped rev limiter on shift, spun a little.

It went 13.7 @100 with a 1.9 60'

7000 shifts, a hell of alot more timing and slicks... we shall see what she got. Im hoping for low 13s with the 5.3.

Been messing with my isuzu making me lazy to get this thing tuned

yep ^^ that's jap talk to me.

hey easy now, your mind might start looking like a tunnel if it gets any narrower.

long time havent seen this sorry for late reply.
The local scene here for performance trucks is very very strong. On any day i could plan a meet and have 20-30 show up. Iv learned everything through them and PT.net as well as LS1 tech.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Ok guys i got a half decent run in at the track.
Crew cab still untuned. 6200 shift point, only 21* timing on skreet tyas. taped rev limiter on shift, spun a little.

It went 13.7 @100 with a 1.9 60'

7000 shifts, a hell of alot more timing and slicks... we shall see what she got. Im hoping for low 13s with the 5.3.

Been messing with my isuzu making me lazy to get this thing tuned

1.9 60 is pretty good for a crew on street tires. Was the track prepped pretty good?
Now if you could cut that on the street consistently then you'd really start surprising people. That's why I love 4hi launches on street 20's.