TechieTruckGuy

3.5 EcoHell
Apr 10, 2013
Bakersfield , CA
I'm looking to do a cam swap on my truck and I got a quote from CalSpeed of 1300

Includes one of their cams, new valve spring, new rods. Dyno tune and installation.

What do you guys and gal think?

Sent from my Stealth Lookin iPhone using Tapaturd

Adjusted

Super Moderator
Feb 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
I'm looking to do a cam swap on my truck and I got a quote from CalSpeed of 1300

Includes one of their cams, new valve spring, new rods. Dyno tune and installation.

What do you guys and gal think?

That price is suprisingly good, some people spend around 1k for cam parts once all said and done. That being said, its not that hard to do if you have the balls.

No idea on how that cam would perform, thats kind of an uncommon duration.

TechieTruckGuy

3.5 EcoHell
Apr 10, 2013
Bakersfield , CA
My shitbox just needs some saving in the performance department and calspeed is only 10 minutes away from house. I was hoping to stop by today and pick up a corvette servo but didnt have a chance to.

Sent from my Stealth Lookin iPhone using Tapaturd

Last edited:

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I'd call Bryan Tooley, one of our vendors, he's very well known, and does custom grinds. See if he will give you a forum discount as well. Worth getting a quote from him anyhow!

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Oh, and that stock cam would be like running a GM "hotcam", not really worth all the time, trouble and money for that cam to be honest. Just my opinion.