LED head light bulbs? any info/details on them ?

the only other benefit i see of running an LED headlight is that you can have your lights on for probably 2 days before the battery is dead especially if you have 2 batteries.

so if i get the retro D2 3.0 kit for my low beam and HID bulbs for high-beam and low-beam would that be a prime set up? or should i retro both my high and my low?

ideal setup is HID lows in retro with HIR for highs. See for miles ( or atleast parts of miles, I can get almost 1/2 mile of lit road in front of me )

I'm going to give it a shot with the lifetime led headlights.
3100 lumens each. 70w and shouldn't have issues with flickering in a CANBUS system like my cummins has.
I'm having a fucked time. Tried both morimoto harnesses And my shit will just shut off when I'm driving.
Tried the mopar spec harness and the inline canbus relay/error eliminator.
Both do the same BS.
Submitted a dealer app with lifetime led and it brings the cost down to about what a set of morimotos runs.
I'll let yall know how they turn out

https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/led_lights/super_bright_headlights_led_headlights_h13_70_watt
There's a link

Yeah I totally see LEDs being a good choice if they have a decent out put too be honest idgaf if I scatter light and blind people I got better shit to spend my money on then retro fitting my headlights and 1/2 the people in BC run HID's in stock headlight housing anyway

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to give it a shot with the lifetime led headlights.
3100 lumens each. 70w and shouldn't have issues with flickering in a CANBUS system like my cummins has.
I'm having a fucked time. Tried both morimoto harnesses And my shit will just shut off when I'm driving.
Tried the mopar spec harness and the inline canbus relay/error eliminator.
Both do the same BS.
Submitted a dealer app with lifetime led and it brings the cost down to about what a set of morimotos runs.
I'll let yall know how they turn out

https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/led_lights/super_bright_headlights_led_headlights_h13_70_watt
There's a link

Please take a picture of the output of these when you get them installed :up:

ideal setup is HID lows in retro with HIR for highs. See for miles ( or atleast parts of miles, I can get almost 1/2 mile of lit road in front of me )

I don't want HID's since a) they draw a lot of power output b) they tend to go bad a lot c) still have a whole separate wiring harness

The less electronic shit I have under my hood the better it is

I don't want HID's since a) they draw a lot of power output b) they tend to go bad a lot c) still have a whole separate wiring harness

a.) power is only at start up for mili-seconds. other then that, they are less power consumption

b.) I've had 3 sets in the past 6.5 years, never had an issue with any. Current ballasts are 6 years old.

c.) harness isnt a big deal, it takes up barely any space.

Jesus Christ Marc, if everyone in BC wanted to jump off a mountain, would you too? Because you just wouldn't give a fuck?

And this is why I hate most people with "modified" automobiles. It's the idgaf about the other people that have to be blinded by your decision

The less electronic shit I have under my hood the better it is

a.) power is only at start up for mili-seconds. other then that, they are less power consumption

b.) I've had 3 sets in the past 6.5 years, never had an issue with any. Current ballasts are 6 years old.

c.) harness isnt a big deal, it takes up barely any space.

A. SEE ABOVE

B. 2 sets in 6 years

c. don't even use a relay harness

also arent you selling the truck anyway?

Last edited:
A. SEE ABOVE

B. 2 sets in 6 years

c. don't even use a relay harness

also arent you selling the truck anyway?

lmfao HID's draw LESS power than halogens. Only draw more when they ignite, which is fractions of a second

:themoreyouknow:

EDIT. You realize that for around the same price, you could have a ballin' retro? The added bonus is the fun of seeing your cutoff on distant objects

Last edited:
lmfao HID's draw LESS power than halogens. Only draw more when they ignite, which is fractions of a second

:themoreyouknow:

EDIT. You realize that for around the same price, you could have a ballin' retro? The added bonus is the fun of seeing your cutoff on distant objects

my response might have been written under the influence of drunkenness...

but yeah i just want to see how J.mo and roundsy's response too out put. if they are good then i will be running LED's without retro's....

if i had a gmc id retro in a second but just going though pictures yesterday of retro'd silvy headlights, including James headlight Ive decided that i really do not like them.

also i dont like HID's for the reasons posted previously.

also the benefit of the LED's are pretty great especially since they use no power to run them. so either i would run and HID without retro or a LED without retro and i think LED would be the better choice if the output is good.

Last edited:
So after every argument against running leds/hids in a halogen housing, including the safety concerns to other drivers on the road, you're still doing it.

:clap:

whats the purpose of you going HID/LED, just to get the 6000k color?

yes and more light output, and now with the LEDs i dont have to worry about my lights dying when lighting up a game of beer pong and pond hockey.

i will also be doing 6 high mod and have LED cubes in my fogs at some point.

my response might have been written under the influence of drunkenness...

but yeah i just want to see how J.mo and roundsy's response too out put. if they are good then i will be running HID's without retro's....

if i had a gmc id retro in a second but just going though pictures yesterday of retro'd silvy headlights, including James headlight Ive decided that i really do not like them.

also i dont like HID's for the reasons posted previously.

also the benefit of the LED's are pretty great especially since they use no power to run them. so either i would run and HID without retro or a LED without retro and i think LED would be the better choice if the output is good.
Problem:
so if they say output is good with LEDs you're going to buy HIDs
but you think LEDs would be a better choice than HIDs
and either way you're going to do it without projectors....

Solution
how about you just do everyone a favor and sell your damn truck already like you keep asking if you should, and buy a fucking honda so youll have more money to spend on your house in addition to the $100 a month you have putting into your buy a house fund, and buy a house somewhere without internet service.

Results:
everybody on the road doesn't have to deal with your fucking glare
you dont give HIDs or LEDs a bad rap
we dont have to deal with your stupidity anymore