ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

Just a heads up, couple of my friends (one with an LB7 other with LLY) both had major issues with their Edges, ended up needing new PCMs but they were using them for the tunes also not just gauges. The one with the LLY had an LB7 first and it was fine with the Edge until it met a tree at speed(the DD ended up drinking more than he did :fp: ) and a 3rd friend with Cummins had Edge Comp Box and loved it never had any issues.

I was gonna suggest Defi Gauges, but that's more of a Subaru thing. They don't have the ranges you'd need on some of their gauges.

I like the overhead gauges, they do look clean. I like having gauges closer to my line of sight but they do look good there.

Maybe Boost & EGT overhead and my DSP5 in-dash. That would keep it really clean.

attachment.php

I might look into relocating my environmental controls to the overhead console by buying an old harness and chopping it up.
I believe I have seen that mod somewhere. That would free up some dash space for for some custom gauges or display.

It would be a bit more work for sure... gotta stew on it for a bit.

the new cts 2 you can change the layout 3-4-5-8 gauges.

you can also set warnings for each one at different limits

i would recommend boost, egt, fuel pressure, tranny temp, and if that's not enough i would display what gear you are running in.

also you would need a second boost gauge for the s475 over stock :slorg:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure. Probably just use included window mount for a few weeks?

I was searching online for some custom dash solutions. I may be able to build / mold it into the console in my headliner. I like the idea of using that space.. you mentioned it earlier. Something really slick will likely take some time to customize... might scrap the pillar and put the 2 evo's in the overhead console, and then the DSP5 in the dash, replace the plow light switch / space.

the new cts 2 you can change the layout 3-4-5-8 gauges.

you can also set warnings for each one at different limits

i would recommend boost, egt, fuel pressure, tranny temp, and if that's not enough i would display what gear you are running in.

also you would need a second boost gauge for the s475 over stock :slorg:

Why would you run a trans temp on the monitor when there's a factory gauge

Tinkering
IMG_20150620_111458397_HDR_zpsaup6ysn9.jpg

Of course I CAN'T just wire up the pillar.. I have a few other items on my list - stripping out the dash components.
IMG_20150620_144351554_HDR_zpsr9d5nx5s.jpg

IMG_20150620_144359199_HDR_zpsda6oib5o.jpg

IMG_20150620_144404249_HDR_zpsanmsozcx.jpg

Making a mess.
IMG_20150620_150534433_HDR_zps03blmnv4.jpg

IMG_20150620_150542225_zpstdaunyoq.jpg

IMG_20150620_150550012_HDR_zpsegphsad2.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Here's that 'Plow Light' switch that we were talking about earlier in the thread.
IMG_20150620_150727853_HDR_zpsncqo2ktx.jpg

IMG_20150620_150721044_HDR_zpsfbbjnekk.jpg

I should probably convert it to a lightbar switch as this thing will never plow or see snow.

Going to order 3-4 flush mount angel eye switches for Fog Lights (2 stages), Pillar Gauge(s) power.
Also looking at 20" lightbar for lower bumper.

I need some other parts to finish my dash anyway. I did get the radio re-installed this weekend.

Do you guys like the 2 row light bars or the hybrids? I think the hybrids can be pretty cool (independently controlled)
I also like the clear / blackout screens available on them

Hybrid Lightbar - Spot / Flood Combo

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Ordered

AutoCal for EFILive - ATPTrucks.com

No tunes ordered. I will need to send them my existing tunes 1st for them to look it over.

Still shopping for dash parts..

Last edited: