fixable or am I screwed

Moore

Feb 12, 2012
Maryland
So every day I walk out and see more and more is chipping off my trucks roof
IMAG0164.jpg

You guys think taping off up til a little past where the peel marks are and sand/primer/duplicolor match shit paint would be worth it? Or would it be too far off and I would have to get the whole roof painted?

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
ok, for cereal, probably able to do that small portion, but it may not blend well unless they do really well...old age will be your enemy.

Bootstrap

:nosewhat:
Feb 8, 2012
OKC
I wouldn't spend the money on your truck tbh.. Get the duplicolor from Vato zone and spray over it, and call it good

Moore

Feb 12, 2012
Maryland
i wont like the price of getting it painted either bruh, looks like duplicolor it is :okay: fucking bastard as god damn rotting piece of fucking worthless pile of shit obs

barrrf

Apr 17, 2012
Post pics when youre done. And shop online for the better DerpaColor - the stuff you cant buy at VatoZone. Perfect Match. Might be able to find it at Napa or similar idk.

gmc00z

Jan 23, 2011
N Ft Worth, TX
plasti dip it brah, even black for that luxury look :crazy: but they do have it in white and it matches pretty well, see B-diddy's tailgate cap

SMiGGs

El Super Mod
Feb 3, 2011
Repaint it with rattle cans, and clear it.

I think the truck is too high for people to even notice the roof.

Moore

Feb 12, 2012
Maryland
Ok can anyone help me out as far as the process of painting? Like, sand primer paint clear, but do I sand in between primer and paint, and sand after clearing? And what grit sand paper to use? Shit like that

barrrf

Apr 17, 2012
I just derpa colored my dash in my car.......I sanded down to bare metal because if I didnt, I assumed that the paint I painted over would just chip off like the rest of the shit. So compleyely off with the old.

Then I etch primered with that filler primer crap. Sanded with 800 lightly. Then coat 1, sanded down any imperfections that were on it, coat 2, sand imperfections, coat 3, then 2000grit sand, and coat 4, then sand if it looks like it needs it.

My opinions on derpa clear coat? Stay away from it. If you screw up the clear part then its a PITA to fix because it generally screws everything up thats underneath.

Also, because youre doing a horizontal surface the can likes to sputter leaving you a very uneven paint jerb. Be aware of that.

I'll take some high res pics of my dash jerb in a few. Im shitting right at the moment.

Moore

Feb 12, 2012
Maryland
Thanks so much bart, I really appreciate it. I have a can of derpa clear coat sitting around, but if you say not to use it then I won't, do you recommend any other kind?

RTM355

Mar 13, 2012
Alabama Boy
After you clear it wait a few day wet sand 2000 grit then buff with glosss wax make sure you do not stay in one spot to long or you might have more problem then you had before good luck malika . If you need any questions answered pm me bro any time