Cornell's 2007 GMC Derpamax Build Thread

I'm sending the wheels back to Mr wheel deal. He already has my set in stock. He just wants mine first so he has a set to give BMF I guess.

Cory, I hope I didn't void the wheel warranty by washing them with Adams soap and putting wax on them. lol

I'm sending the wheels back to Mr wheel deal. He already has my set in stock. He just wants mine first so he has a set to give BMF I guess.

Cory, I hope I didn't void the wheel warranty by washing them with Adams soap and putting wax on them. lol

Lol I would hope so too. I was saying I could see why they would want them back, but fact is, a good company would send you a set out and take yours back no questions asked. I'm willing to bet yours will go through the chroming process and end up sold as new or something anyways lol

And what did you do for your turn signals in the front? I know you said something about splicing in a socket and something else... can you link me to the bulbs you used and what sockets? I'm tired of the amber bulb in my turn signals.

Corny, do not care to do research on DP and DuraForums, but if i keep my lmm, i wanna get a Air Dog, EGR delete, and do a trans upgrade.

I beleive i was looking at a PPE Stage 4 trans kit, converter and all it was about 3 grand....is the PPE trans kit good?

EGR delete
Airdog
PPE Trans kit w/converter
Duramaxtuners trans upgrade tunes.

what else would u suggest to support those mods

I've read a lot of good things about the ppe but just from what I have read I think I like suncoast better, but I've never had either, just read about them.

When I do mine I'm going to go with a gmax5 kit and a Mike L converter. As for an egr delete I would go with the RDL or all season piece. I did RDL because it was about half the price but was still 3" and Rick is great to deal with. Tony at All Season is awesome as well, his stuff it just a lot more.

Egr delete, pcv reroute, 3" downpipe are all things I would do for sure. Other things i want to do eventually are up pipes and manifolds

And what did you do for your turn signals in the front? I know you said something about splicing in a socket and something else... can you link me to the bulbs you used and what sockets? I'm tired of the amber bulb in my turn signals.

I can tell you that he took a turn signal socket (that has 3 wires) and spliced it into where the 2 wire DRL socket use to be. Je just soldered the new 3 wire to the parking light and just matched the wires. As far as the bulb im not sure they are probably v-leds switchbacks but i dont know how many leds per bulb they are or what color temp they are. I haz pm'd mr. matt a few days ago about the bulb's.

Pretty sure they are type 2 switchbacks (flash white and amber vs type 1 which is just amber), and are currently only available in 60led bulbs from v-leds last time I checked.

Anyone Know of any promo codes? Waiting for a good one to do all ext and int LED's.

Has BMF been pretty pleasant to deal with through this shitay chomring problem your having?
How long did they say it would take to get them back to ya?

They've been good.

Could throw a fit and get them to pay shipping both ways but whatever. It's like 80 bucks.

I spent 11 hours today correcting my paint. It was a lot worse than I thought. Definitely worth it though.

Poorboys SSR3 on entire truck
Poorboys SSR1 on entire truck
Collinite Wax
Sealant

and Cory GMAX5 is a kit.

Last edited:
42574891-29ff-b015.jpg

only post correction picture.

extended cab is creepin in the back.

Yeah I used a PC and with the SSR 3 I used an orange pad and with the SSR 1 I used a white pad.

I ended up ordering HID kits for the fogs, lows and highs from a place that won't make me sit on backorder for 5 1/2 months.

Let there be 6000K light!

Kyle, I'll be up in Plymouth right by Wayzata High school working tomorrow, Friday and next week for sure.

I'm just waiting on some reducer pipes to get my E-cutout hooked up. Also ordered some more leds.