kylesdenali

Mar 28, 2012
:happy107:

So I got rid of my denali, and got a 7.3, it was a good truck, stout, pretty powerful, but had 182K miles, entire body was rotted out, and with me being as OCD as I am I needed a clean slate, I have a 2005 volvo S40 i DD so this truck will be for play/plow/tow rig.

Details:

09 GMC 2500HD SLT Dmax/ally, 4x4, 50K miles, every option but rear seat entertainment, metallic black with black interior, this is by far the nicest car I have ever had, and I am very happy with it, factory nav, back up cam, back up sensors, sunroof, tint, tows, has a dpf back stainless dual exhaust and an airaid intake, roll n' lock tonneau cover, spray in liner, bed mat, weather tech mats front and rear, incorporated trailer brake, and a couple other things.

The truck is very very clean for being in the north east, the leaf springs and control arms look brand new as well as the bottom of the cab and bed. This thing still has power train warranty left (about 2 years). Interior could pass for brand new if someone didn't know.

Plans are:

Fix some small issues like:
new spare tire lock door
new tailgate cap
fix/remove front license plate mount
re-attached on of the tailpipes to the hanger
Paint the hitch

Then mods are:

Denali grill
crank the keys to level and maybe come up 1" in the back
chrome tow hooks
Relocate LED back up lights up under the bumper so they aren't visible
install strobe lights from old truck
black or billet GMC emblem
Dedadge/demold, I will prolly keep the 2500HD badges and the diesel badges because NNBS doors look funny to me without anything
HIDs
full exterior and interior LED converstion
LED tails
Cleared head lights
New 6" tips, these are too far gone to polish I think, but I will try haha

DOWN THE ROAD:
4" lift (I plow so I can't go up too high)
Some sort of 20x10 maybe eagle alloy 016's
33" toyo MT's
Turbo back straight pipe
EFIlive
race fuel valve
CTS insight

Any other opinions are welcome!

These are just dealer photos, but I will get some this week, I picked it up last night and it was dark when I got home.

photo1_zpsfa6fcef2.jpg

photo5_zpsed0f3c6f.jpg

photo4_zps65992338.jpg

photo3_zpsbfb01373.jpg

photo2_zpsdc0d114e.jpg

No the tailgate is not dented, it is a weird reflection.

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
Congrats dude, was wondering when the GM bug was going to bite you again.

kylesdenali

Mar 28, 2012
thanks guys, yeah I knew I wouldn't be able to last in the ford for long, its good to be back in a GM tho, unless ford changed the design of the cab and bed any time soon, i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy...up here in the northeast, it will rot out faster than you can stop it, amazing ford hasn't changed their design in 15 years...