2013 Sierra 6.2 4x4 thread

The airy sound is from being straight piped. A good muffler will sound great even dumped. I personally think dumped exhaust sounds deeper.

I run a magnaflow 22" into silverline dmax tailpipe, into a 4 into 6 tip. Sounds very deep even with my long tubes and ORY. Sounds very deep at all rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The airy sound is from being straight piped. A good muffler will sound great even dumped. I personally think dumped exhaust sounds deeper.

I run a magnaflow 24" into silverline dmax tailpipe, into a 4 into 6 tip. Sounds very deep even with my long tubes and ORY. Sounds very deep at all rpm.

I had a single Y pipe straight into duals coming out the back with echo tips on my 01, then true dual straights 45'd with echo tips on my 06. Both 5.3's and both didn't have a airy sound. They were just deep and I loved the way they sounded. But this truck just doesn't sound good straight piped. Idk if it's bc I have 3.5/4" piping instead of 2-1/4 or just the nnbs engines.

I'm excited to get to get my muffler in :bishplz:

Sent from Tapashit

I run a magnaflow 24" into silverline dmax tailpipe, into a 4 into 6 tip. Sounds very deep even with my long tubes and ORY. Sounds very deep at all rpm.
Sound clip plz

idle vid too? so ur just long tubes, ory, and maggy dumped over axle? 5.3l?

Yep I can do that, all 3 inch from collectors to muffler, 4 inch tailpipe, 6 inch tip.

Edit: just realized what thread we are in. We should probably move to the exhaust thread to stop thread jacking Jimmy.

Last edited:
Awwww shit

uve3a2u5.jpg

u3usuped.jpg

eganabe3.jpg

Sent from Tapashit

Do you have any decent pictures Jimmy? Buying a 2015 1500 and trying to decide if I want OEM 22's or OEM 20's with them. Not sure if I like the amount of sidewall if it's not stretched lol.