Static NBS Thread 99-07c

Do you guys think I'll rub pretty bad when I go 5/8? Everything suspension wise will be new even leaf springs, cause I noticed something about my leafs yesterday, the over load spring on the leafs was gone on my truck, it just had a plate about as long as the mount for the u bolts, the leafs are pretty flat, it's all been on the truck since 2001, I was told by the dealer I bought it from the original owner lowered it the day after he bought it new, so I think it all sags and just needs to be redone, here's a pic of the way it sits now and according to all the part numbers it's a 3/4 drop, everything had a part number, but anyways the real question is how bad will I rub if I drop it 5/8? I'll go to a lower profile of a tire if I have to, I'm gunna run 20s and planned on a 275/45/20, but like I said I'll do whatever to get that drop, I'm dead set on it lol I'll prolly use all belltech unless you guys think I should use someone else

This is what the rear looks like right now

This is a old pic with 20s and a 275/45 tire

yea I'm a little nervous to tackle it but like I said everything will be new so it might make it easier

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

If anyone's got any stock hangers and shackles layin around I'd be glad to take them off your hands btw

the parts being new isn't the problem. The suspension travel is, as is the driveshaft. Stiff shocks work, but make the ride worse, I would rather stay 4/6 and have a better ride. Also, those lower profile sidewalls mean a rougher ride. If that is fine with you, go for it.

yea I'm a little nervous to tackle it but like I said everything will be new so it might make it easier

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

If anyone's got any stock hangers and shackles layin around I'd be glad to take them off your hands btw

I'll buy your drop shackles :rofl:

I'll buy your drop shackles :rofl:

I'll keep the rear I'll part with the front one tho, I'll keep you in mind when I take it a part, and I'm not too concerned with the ride I've had a few super low static trucks and I think it will be ok, if I have to I'll add a helper bag, it's anot a daily by any means just a show cruiser, street/strip truck

that thing is low for not having a flip kit IMO

That's what I thought when I first saw this truck 6 years ago, like I said the leafs are flat and everything sits lower than it should I think, it's all just worn out I think

my rear leafs ride on the overloads if i dont air up my helpers...its crazy how much these things sag once theyre old....ride quality suffers too. 5/8 on a rcsb shouldnt be too too bad though. You wont have driveshaft issues like crew cabs and you can still drive around w/o scraping like longer trucks.

my rear leafs ride on the overloads if i dont air up my helpers...its crazy how much these things sag once theyre old....ride quality suffers too. 5/8 on a rcsb shouldnt be too too bad though. You wont have driveshaft issues like crew cabs and you can still drive around w/o scraping like longer trucks.

thats why i ended up swaping to 2500 leafs.

rougher ride, but less sag.

Im going with nnnnnnnnbs leafs soon....but those will actually raise the back end over NBS leafs...so i need drop shackles now :pow:

Brother took em off his 15 ccsb with 3k miles when he installed his Deavers :datass:

I bought my truck with 2500 leafs on it already so we'll see how low it goes with the flip kit already installed 2 inch shackles

sent from galaxy s6

3979ad1608a015f3b1a86971b09c27e3.jpg
hangar bearing and new u joints are done now onto the rear flip

sent from galaxy s6

Did it myself pulled out the angle grinder and cut the rubber and bearing off, the collar was left on so I used a chisel to remove it . Installation was easy used the collar I removed to hit it back on

sent from galaxy s6

This. 5/8 in a rcsb is completely different than ecsb and ccsb. Length has a lot to do with it. 5/8 on 275/40s should be perfect.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk