SCG Pro Line Testing/Review

notmally the soaps that dry out your hands have a degreaseing property. they are actually sucking the natrual oil out of your skin. By this product not doing that, it means that it is far less harsh on your paint.

BINGO! If it dries out your skin it likely has detergents capable of stripping and/or at least degrading your wax or sealant. Your paint can stand up to some pretty acidic and alkaline cleaners, so thats really not a concern, but a soap that dries your hands will remove your wax to some degree or another and unless thats what you want its like working against yourself every time you wash.

Products seems cool, Dylan need anyone to test something for a soft top?

Not currently looking at a top product... in the retail line we do have Top End thats really effective... won't take on super tough stains or discoloration but for light cleaning and protection work on a top in good shape it will maintain it.

Surf City Garage- Top End Convertible Top Cleaner & Protectant

Prep-Wash:

14108323385_81cbfd05bf_c.jpg

I finally got a chance to use this product. It’s my understanding it’s a pre polish wash. Much like a stripping agent for being able to polish afterwards. So I used it that way. I used about 2oz in a bucket and went to town. It smells great much like everything else so far from this line, this product has the smell of fresh oranges. Really refreshing on a hot day. The car itself did not look all that dirty but I honestly don’t think it had EVER been waxed since it rolled off the lot. It’s a 2010…I’ll let that sink in for a bit.

While washing I was shocked how much grime and dirt I was cleaning. The paint looked really good afterwards and was very slick and looked and felt ready to clay then polish. You’ll see on the pics how much crud was lifted off the paint and on the wash pad. Take a look at that bucket, BLACK water afterwards. This is just from the paint! Awesome job at cleaning I’d say.

14108746494_c3588d9b35_c.jpg

13921125599_4e4d1576a3_c.jpg

APC:
I had used this previously in other cleanings but never was able to get a good picture of it on tires. It did really well with the tires. I sprayed it on at an 8:1 mix and it instantly started to work and you could see the tires cleaning almost themselves. Also note I didn’t cough while spraying which happens frequently with the last APC I was using. This owner smoked in their car and I used a dilution of 16:1 for the interior and it cleaned all the ash stains and black (what I’m assuming is tar) stains that was on the pillars and trim around the driver’s door easily and didn’t dry it out.

14105039032_1628163450_b.jpg

13921123909_627732db99_c.jpg

Cut Polish/Finish Polish

14105076551_78d7cb417a_c.jpg

Like I said this paint was pretty trashed. I love this color Barcelona Red (when it’s clean). I already had strip washed/clayed the hood for this testing process as it was only a wash/wax detail. Now ill post the before and after’s for you to see but I was really impressed. I used a medium cut pad with the cut polish on setting 5 of my Flex. One single pass is what’s shown. It had a very smooth and quick flash time for me, which could have been the temperature and conditions on my end. It worked quick, and extremely well. It took out 90% of the swirls on the first pass and finished down really nicely.
To finish I used a finish pad with the Flex on speed 3. It had a longer flash time than the cut polish which is great because the finish is where you want the magic to happen. It seemed to add a ton of depth and made the metallic in this paint sparkle like crazy. The finish it left was smooth and did really good job on the light swirls that I didn’t get with the single pass of the cut. I could see the Finishing polish used for light swirls/maintenance one steps for in between polishes. I really liked both of these and I will definitely be buying them when they hit the market for my cart.

Really great results with one single pass of Cut Polish.

14104981311_1d37f99188_c.jpg

14104535001_e0147654e3_c.jpg

13921115627_e051b7bc43_c.jpg