Samuels 05 sierra crewcab build

oh i see what your saying now, you want them already painted.
I got mine and had them painted. I wrecked my truck and been having these handles for a few years. So when i had my truck repainted i finally got my handles painted too.
You should be able to get them painted for cheap though!

Thanks dakota. Yea after GMFS got gay then moving here it just wasnt to busy so i got out of the habbit of getting on regularly. However seems that CGM has alot more traffic now.
I know there isnt really much "performance" information on here and i feel that some would be interested in following this. Around here in Louisiana we have a big performance truck scene in the capital area that im friends with. So that is what is pushing me to do this.

word. I'll probably end up doing that. dgm esky's are next to impossible to find. hell, anything dgm is.

Had no idea you went with center lines. I remember the gmcs. Truck Is clean as hell in person. Miss hanging with you guys boss. And you know how to weld, how many times you welded mine son?

Plans sounds most excellent. I'm starting to tuner with mine some now as well. Not to the extreme like you though or your "neighbor" lol

Glad to see this thread on here! Should be nice when you get it done man :shake:

Had no idea you went with center lines. I remember the gmcs. Truck Is clean as hell in person. Miss hanging with you guys boss. And you know how to weld, how many times you welded mine son?

Plans sounds most excellent. I'm starting to tuner with mine some now as well. Not to the extreme like you though or your "neighbor" lol

Haha, iv been wanting these wheels the longest of times. Finally found a even swap for gmc 20s and took it. I did however put about 10-12 hours into hand polishing because they were neglected horribly. They need to be sent back to centerline for a repolish but thatll come one day. Haha yep peyton just bought a new miller mig machine and plasma cutter so no more shitty flux core! We just go extreme because its for show and not our daily beaters. I got rice rocket now too.

Yeah buddy, you done blowin up drivetrains yet?
after 9 transmissions and 3 rear ends in one year, we figured it out. I was too low on a piece drive shaft that when my rear suspension let down for say a hump in the road it would jam the yoke into the transmission binding all hard parts in it. Cut the yoke on it and ever since its been great, but with all the performance upgrades im going to have to do a two piece swap soon.

By the sounds of it, he has even more reasons to blow them up being shipped to his door in the next few weeks :rofl:
the shop that did my 60e last isnt the best. However if it breaks which im waiting on it too, im going to pull it and bring it to a friend iv made friends with awhile back that builds 60es' and stands by his work.

Glad to see this thread on here! Should be nice when you get it done man :shake:

Yep, iv been lurking on here ever so often and posting just going to try to make it more of a habit now.
i cant wait, but the converter is being built, and my cam is being cut now so its just a waiting game!

Well, ordered this all friday at 9pm. (standard shipping free)
summit shipped it that night at 10:30
Delivered today. A++++ once again for them in my book.

Heres everything that will be behind the Calspeed 3" Y.
I did however order the wrong walker intermediate pip :mad: however ill be able to cut it down and make it work.
everything is steel besides the muffler (easier for me to weld and cheaper)

So here is everything. long straight pipe is just some 18 gauge steel, 3" itll be used to tie everything together and run back with.

Summit brand, Y flange for the cut out. Seems pretty heavy (18 gauge). the cut out fits it perfectly. Im happy with it.

I went with a RaceReady cutout. QTP is most popular it seems but everyone im friends with is having trouble with them. so for an extra $50 I went with the RaceReady. It came with its wiring harness, switch, bolts, and gasket.

Meh, the usual Magnaflow 18" always like the tone iv got from them, so went with it again. Center inlet and outlet 3"

summit brand turn down. (18 gauge steel)

I bought 2 summit brand straps. Use a regular 3" exhaust clamp where ever on the exhaust, and at the end closest to the tag on the wrapper it slides though there.

Only thing i dislike, the cutout swith. However RaceReady does offer different switches so i may look into them.

Old junk we cut off when installing headers.

I wont be jumping into this project until I install my converter since ill have to drop the exhaust to drop the transmission.
Stay tuned for more pictures, and install pictures.

Last edited:
Summit always kills it with shipping. They're good at what they do. I'm jelly, basically what my setup will be when the time comes. Looking forward to exhaust clips.

Summit always kills it with shipping. They're good at what they do. I'm jelly, basically what my setup will be when the time comes. Looking forward to exhaust clips.

yep they have all always been Fuggin fast with that!
I cant wait till its all done with the cam in and tuned just a waiting game i guess.

Who is tuning again?

And text me I'll cut you deal on what I PM'd ya

I'll be tuning it. Iv been tuning stock motors for awhile. This will be my first cammed motor. Ill be using HP tuners. I have friends who tune on the side cammed and FI trucks, so they will also be helping and guiding me. Something I like to do because im anal about my tune, and i also enjoy doing it.
Iv done tons of research in the time being also. For me to get it on a dyno at a shop for a full dyno tune im looking at the price for another 5.3 so i figured i cant go wrong lol

The person who speced my cam is actually a local. EPS is in baton rouge, so one day ill bring it to geoff skinner over their and have it put on his dyno for him to fine tweek it.

Text sent homie!

Last edited: