Potential build? Need some input!

Don't be such a sensitive cunt.

Electrical problems can be a pain, as already stated. The bolts broke off would quite possibly require the heads to be pulled. You didn't ask for help, you asked for opinions, in which I gave mine, didn't know I had to justify my reply in a specific manner, the truck sounds like a nightmare!

I'm not being a "sensitive cunt". Yes, I asked for opinions, and you gave yours. I then asked you why you felt that way and you decided to give a smart-ass response. I wasn't arguing against your opinion, I was just trying to educate myself on the severity of the problems. Is there anything wrong with that?

I'm not being a "sensitive cunt". Yes, I asked for opinions, and you gave yours. I then asked you why you felt that way and you decided to give a smart-ass response. I wasn't arguing against your opinion, I was just trying to educate myself on the severity of the problems. Is there anything wrong with that?
:imo:

jared gone jared

What Jared meant was, he doesn't have any patience. Always has an issue. Finding a clean uncut dash harness/bcm and spending a few hours swapping, pulling heads removing the bolts upgrading lifters, maybe a cam and oil pump for peace of mind would be entirely too much of a nightmare on a project that you dont rely on for transportation. Me on the other hand, sounds like a couple weekends of fun. Go for it.

I guess that's why his bumper is still off of his truck. I'm supposed to get an estimate on my other truck today, so I would assume its going to be going to the shop soon. Once I start driving the sierra, I plan on getting the plastidip off, cleaning it really well, and look it over for rust. I'll also snap some good pics of it along with some of the header bolts that are broke. Already have a lead on 2 sets of denali heads, one set being practically new. I'm gunna put the old lady in the Silverado for the winter, so I'll have plenty of time to screw around with the sierra.

lmao @ this.

ON topic though.. step back and ask yourself what the end result is going to be. If you want a project for the sake of having a project, then I have no comments except, "There you have it.. a project, dig in!". If this was some type of fix-up and sell, I would say that it's not worth dumping a lot of materials / cash into.. maybe just your labor, but even that has value.

If you are in a jam and just want your vehicle to last as long as you can without buying another one and don't have the mula to dump on one at this time, then make a 'needs' list and try to assign some real-world cost to the materials / labor to get things sorted. That will help you with the final decision to get moving on the project or let sleeping dogs lie and grab another ride that is a bit more solid runner or has issues that you are familiar with and can be sorted without a ton of investigation.

/off soap box.

That is the kind of response I was looking for [MENTION=1571]ITGuy[/MENTION]

Part of it is me wanting to have a project and another part of me wants to fix it up cause it was my first truck and I still think it is a good truck. We talked about selling it when I got my new truck, but we decided to keep it. To be honest I don't think we will ever get rid of it.

On the other side, it is somewhat a need as well. I live in a more rural area and roads get pretty bad in the winter. Before we moved out here, we got a Malibu for my fiancée to drive since her car was falling apart. I love the Malibu, but it just doesn't do well in snow and other poor weather conditions. Because of that, I've been thinking a lot about having her drive my truck this winter so that her and my son, almost 2, can be safer if they were to by chance end up in a wreck. If I do that, then I would be stuck with the Malibu or my old truck.

A little sentimental value, a little purpose, a little project all rolled into one.

Just be prepared, as Jared pointed out, that if the electrical gremlins go beyond the remote starter or a loose plug etc, getting the expertise to track that down can be costly / time consuming.. and winter is coming very soon which is when you need this truck running & dependable.

I'm all for seeing another truck project though :D

The electrical problems don't scare me too much with as small as they are. I'm going to start by checking all of the fuses and connections first, then go from there. If they don't get resolved simply, I'll be moving on.

I was completely on topic. Just busting Jareds balls in the process :crazy: I'd never let my first truck go. I may never put it back together. But I'll never let it go lol

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

The electrical problems don't scare me too much with as small as they are. I'm going to start by checking all of the fuses and connections first, then go from there. If they don't get resolved simply, I'll be moving on.

Electrical isn't scary in these trucks. To me at least. As easy as the dash comes out you can swap a full dash harness in a day no issue. Not a big deal being a project on my opinion.

I've swapped my dash harness and It wasn't too bad. Just make sure you have the same or close year of harness to put in. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my Stealth Lookin iPhone using Tapaturd

Lol at bringing my bumper up on a truck that hasn't been a dd for 6-8 months, and not driven once in 3. I have two other cars, and other shit I deal with. Vehicles aren't my only hobby or passion. I got other time consuming things and expenses. And patience has nothing to do with it...believe me, my truck alone takes plenty of patience!

Lighten up, or this forum isn't for you!

lulz jared just got all sensitive :cute: [MENTION=309]Jared[/MENTION]

id try fix the electrical first friend seemed to have the same thing check the ground on the remote start!!

if its too much work sell it and Malibu and buy a Subaru awd since they are perfect for winter IMO