Photography Thread

last weekend i picked up a Canon Rebel XS from DV2000NJ with an 18-55mm lense, and the 55-200mm lense. Awesome guy to work with

been messing around with different settings trying to get used to the camera, here are some i took over the past week

file-28.jpg

file-27.jpg

file-26.jpg

file-24.jpg

file-23.jpg

file-22.jpg

file-21.jpg

file-20.jpg

file-19.jpg

file-18.jpg

file-17.jpg

this one was shot through the screen on our sliding glass door
file-16.jpg

file-15.jpg

file-14.jpg

file-13.jpg

file-12.jpg

file-11.jpg

Hopefully photobucket doesn't mess with the quality too much. Pics taken with Nikon coolpix. These are beginner shots, just random ones around the house.

DSCN0154.jpg

DSCN0155.jpg

DSCN0158.jpg

DSCN0196.jpg

DSCN0194.jpg

DSCN0193.jpg

DSCN0181.jpg

DSCN0174.jpg

DSCN0172.jpg

My cat watching the birds

DSCN0170.jpg

We had the Clydesdales stop over at the Fire Dept, they were in town for something else. One of our members works for a Budweiser distributor.

DSCN0056.jpg

DSCN0057.jpg
DSCN0058.jpg

Last edited:
They breed and raise the Clydesdales not to far from my house. They are some big som botches. I hate driving that way though since everyone has to go 10 under the speed limit to look at them. I guess they arent exciting when you live so close and you drive past them constantly

They breed and raise the Clydesdales not to far from my house. They are some big som botches. I hate driving that way though since everyone has to go 10 under the speed limit to look at them. I guess they arent exciting when you live so close and you drive past them constantly

Yea I could see that being a pita living by something like that. I was there in St. Louis maybe 8 years ago and went to the stables. So this was my second time seeing them in person.

Opinions on a Nikon D3000 body only for 200. And a 18-55 & 55-200 lens bundle for 300? Two separate class ads. I'm taking a photography class at school and I'm really liking it. Wanting to get into it on the used end to keep cost down.

Opinions on a Nikon D3000 body only for 200. And a 18-55 & 55-200 lens bundle for 300? Two separate class ads. I'm taking a photography class at school and I'm really liking it. Wanting to get into it on the used end to keep cost down.

Not a bad deal for a starter package. im more fimilar with Canon gear but the 18-55/55-200 might be worth alittle less then 300. See if they'll take 250.

Not a bad deal for a starter package. im more fimilar with Canon gear but the 18-55/55-200 might be worth alittle less then 300. See if they'll take 250.

That's what I figured. If I can get into it sub $500 I'd be happy. And I planned on offering less to both sellers

Haven't posted here in a while, here's some recent stuff.

Miata! by Dan Valanzola, on Flickr

TWR Lotus Europa by Dan Valanzola, on Flickr

Corey's RST GMC Sierra by Dan Valanzola, on Flickr

Matt's '99 GMC Sierra by Dan Valanzola, on Flickr

Matt's '99 GMC Sierra by Dan Valanzola, on Flickr

Here's some from today. We went to the gardens at school for photography class with out self-made filters. I didn't bother to use the filters as I am getting used to the D3100 still.

Bench by chris.farragher, on Flickr

Leaves by chris.farragher, on Flickr

Rose by chris.farragher, on Flickr

Flowers by chris.farragher, on Flickr

I know this is over exposed, just didn't feel like opening up ohotoshop again and re uploading

Changing Leaves by chris.farragher, on Flickr

Fountain by chris.farragher, on Flickr

And my first forray into HDR with before pics:

Tree by chris.farragher, on Flickr

Tree HDR by chris.farragher, on Flickr

Before HDR by chris.farragher, on Flickr

After HDR by chris.farragher, on Flickr