Oct 16, 2011
SoCal
So after reading bgeralds how to, I had a couple questions and I figured Id address them here...this only applies to DBW and returnless fuel systems. If your truck is DBC and you have a fuel return line, this doesn't entirely apply to you.

He used his NBS rail, cut n welded extensions and whatnot...I used the NNBS rail and flex injectors
Screenshot_2013-11-19-14-03-44-1.png

I was a bit confused with how he removed the fuel line, I didn't use his screwdriver method either...I got these from HF, removed the line perfectly. The NBS fuel line slides onto the NNBS hard line, no modding
20131213_114054.jpg

If you want to run the NNBS injectors, you need MINI DELPHI MALE TO EV6/USCAR adapters. Paid $64 for mine
image.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2011
SoCal
The NNBS evap solenoid will plug in to the NBS plug but youre going to have to cut your line and hose clamp it onto the solenoid. CORRECTION, THE NNBS LINE FITS FINE
20131213_112647.jpg

The top pcv line off the NNBS has a quick connect end where its supposed to plug onto the valve cover. Youll have to cut that off and use the NBS rubber hose end...just take it off ur NBS hose and slide it on the NNBS one you just cut. CORRECTION, THE NNBS LINE FITS FINE
20131213_145938.jpg

My top MAP sensor fit into the NNBS hole but I had to use the o-ring off the NNBS sensor. I didnt want to just silicone it in place so I heated the NNBS hold down clip and bent it a bit so itd work with the NBS sensor. The NBS is taller than the NNBS so the clip cant do its job unlessuou heat Iit and bend it back down. But once you do that its too short. So I drilled a hole on a fin off the intake and safety wired the hold down clip to that hole. I didnt break any tabs off the sensor either.
20131213_150128.jpg

I had already done the TB bypass and did not need a fitting to join both hoses together. All I did was remove the little hose and run the longer hose from the radiator directly to the other end.
20131213_112905.jpg

I didnt see any torque specs in the how to, so had to look it up too.
4056d1233614177-05-ls2-bolt-toruqe-specs-intake.gif

Torque specs:
First pass 44 in-lbs
Second pass 89 in-lbs

As far as intake tube modding went...I ended up drilling a 1/2" hole to thread the barb fitting on. I started with a WAY smaller bit and kept drilling with bigger bits when I saw the hole wasnt big enough. Once I was able to thread it in, I added some RTV and threaded in till it was flush with the INSIDE of the tube...dnw any part of it sticking out inside the tube. Once the RTV dried, it was on there good.

20131213_150023.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2011
SoCal
Got to drive it around some more with the retune...def an improvement....love the throttle response and the mid/top end gain....no noticeable loss/gain below 2k since my converter stalls higher.

CammedVmax

Still stuck
Jun 5, 2013
Longview, TX
Got to drive it around some more with the retune...def an improvement....love the throttle response and the mid/top end gain....no noticeable loss/gain below 2k since my converter stalls higher.

Did you use your stock TB? Or go aftermarket. You need any wiring like x link you need for tbss intake? They're basically the same intakes anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapashit