Neglected bagged truck

Upon further inspection today in the rain, the rust on the truck isn't as bad as I first thought. ESP comparing it to the trucks being parted out where I got the above HD parts. Hoping for a clear day tomorrow.

:cheeky:

1017312_10151665190752552_67371994_n.jpg

as of lunch today:

at a stand still with back half. I want to drop the fuel tank so I can get all in behind it and remove the drivers side 4 link section. BUT i don't have the tool to remove the fuel lines. Will have to wait till Tuesday

looking back on it now, I should have removed rusted brakes and calipers when it was all attached. Gonna put it on stands and start grinding away everything that is not needed to make it cleaner.

Garage is pretty full with the rear end siting in there as well. BUT I have a buyer coming to pick up the Caddy clip tomorrow evening. This is how she sits as of now.

Few more up front pics:

Dat rust:

I had zero intentions of ripping into the front until I had the rear done and more funds saved up. BUT when someone pays full asking price for caddy clip, caddy clip gotta go. I heading back out meow to put on what I have of HD front to hide that dirty, rusty beat up engine bay.

toss a few parts on her quick but for some reason my headlights and bumper don't seem to be lined up correctly? I was told the plastic bracket that holds the headlights and sidemarkers where the same for HD and Non HD trucks... Unless I am missing something?

according the a few who have done the HD front conversion that is how it sits... Not cool in my books. The plan is to make 1/2" spacers and put behind headlight brackets then cut and make new mounting tabs for grill. Should clean it up quite a bit. Gonna get the hood on and double and triple check my thinking. Make sure it all lines up. Also having issues with the passanger side door gaps. There is a 1/4" gap from top to bottom and it's driving me crazy! Drivers side is purfect.

Ginger U maybe right but I can't test them. I had to cut all the light wiring when I put the caddy clip on because it's wired different. Haven't decided if I will use connectors or try to find new harness to keep it all clean.

well started stripping frame today. Put in a solid 7 hours on it today. Little more prep work and will coat the frame tomorrow.

Before:

Stripped:

And the coating that I will hitting the frame with tomorrow. It was recommended by Brandon (BGray), and the shit is amazing. I thought I had used it before but I bought a cheaper product. This stuff is pure tits:

Shot inners of new fenders:

Last edited:
thanx Chris. I actually spent another 5 hours this morning grinding, stripping and washing it with varsol. Finally said enough is enough and am just having lunch. How she now sits:

You live in Canada?

EDIT: Fuck just seen your other post..whats the name of that shit and what did you find works best for removing that frame gunk?

Last edited:
You live in Canada?

EDIT: Fuck just seen your other post..whats the name of that shit and what did you find works best for removing that frame gunk?

There site no longer has the US dealers. There was one. I may be able to hook u guys up. Get enough people interested I can drive across boarder and ship them to u guys.

Huge Probs to Brandon for informing me of this great product.

To remove that awful GM undercoating I started with Air Craft Stripper hoping it would remove the rest as well but it didn't. I did a test spot and found that varsol ate threw it pretty good. So I would brush it on, let soak then use a wire brush and scrapper to remove most. Afterwards hit with varsol again, power wash and repeat till all gone.

139787_Enlarged_1.jpeg

Aerosols over the border can sometimes be an issue

Heressome more results. On my deisel it was sprayed over gm coating, dried solid and never flaked
IMG_3057.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

FB3D0C12-47DC-42A7-9490-BC120A887487-10527-00001274FCB5E418_zps59d51a18.jpg

IMG-20120413-00062.jpg

90915D02-DB32-48D8-9E5B-10AC46833DED-10527-00001275330D3109_zpsfca7b718.jpg