Neglected bagged truck

8302269029_af0afe50e4_b.jpg

3428CF3A-F16E-493A-825F-74BE6777340F-19384-00000488E31B1355.jpg

to bad I drop a ton of $$$$ on 22's already :(

didn't get to work on truck today. I go in every monday to a public adjusting firm for a summer internship and am usually done by noon. Well today I got an opportunity of a life time and will continue sitting in on an actual court case (tort law) and I am on the board for the insurance company taking notes and such. For a tort trial 5 days is pretty big and it's worth multi millions. People with 20+ years experience die for this opportunity. SO, needless to say I'm in court all week (minus tomorrow). Plus afternoon meetings to review notes and such FUCK YEAH!

well stupid truck couldn't wait, went into trail and they cut it early (around 1PM), came home and got right to work. This is how she sits now...

as expected.... MORE rust:

Box in Garage:

Dat sending unit

u can see where 20's rubbed. LOTS of cutting to fit 22's.

Lulz, rust isn't THAT bad, you should see a typical Northeast truck that hasn't been properly cared for. Repairable :imo:.

:bishplz: Insurance? There no insurance on her. Plus doing so would be called fraud. Not cool.

my truck is probably about the same underneath but its not like its going too rust away anytime soon once it does its time for a new truck anyway ...i wouldn't worry about it just sand it and paint it white your doing all the work anyway...

plan is to put it on stands remove everything I can apply air craft stripper to get off what it can then grind and sand the remaining. My 2 cases of hi build stone shield FINALLY came in yesterday. Was gonna grab it on the way home but trail ran late today. Gonna take the bus the rest of the week. FUck paying $15-$20 for parking per day.

Easy Killer :)

Nothing bad. Just lots of surface rust, fairly tame for a Northern truck IMO. Should look great when your done dude. Stick at it this time!

It's getting worse now that more municipalities are using liquid calcium year round for ice and dust control

Ill see if I can throw up frame pictures of my dads 2013 after the past winter. Around here they are starting to test out/use beet juice in place of liquid calcium. Makes such a mess all down the side, but easier to clean up then calcium I find.

These kids dont know good they got it.

Beet juice, as in the vegetable? Is it red like them or just clear or white? Glad we don't have to deal with that shit down here. :better:

Beat brine is believe is what thy use. Problem is supply. It is messy buying used to do snow removal and we applied chipped calcium. In a 12-16 hour shift it would eat threw a set of leàrher work gloves. The stuff that is put on the roads is diluted but still a nasty product.

For being on "vacation" this week I have completed about 2% of what I had planned. Even with the craziness I was able to make the 3 hour road trip up to Barrie to pick up this stuff. I got the HD hood, grill (w/o bowtie), and 2 decent headlights for $275. Only need the upper bumper valance and a bow tie and I will have the entire HD front end.

also picked up a gal of Aircraft Stripper and my 2 cases of Hi Built Stone Shield finally made it here after almost a month of waiting. Hoping rain holds off sunday and monday so I can get somethings done on her.