need some seriousss radio wiring help/declusterification!!

That is what I did.. Just carefully cause I don't wanna fuck anything up, and left the GMSO because I'll need that anyway

Soon I'll cut the extra black/red/yellow ends off at the tri-way meet, and twist em back just to the plug. Then find out where the other end of those chords are running behind the dash

sent from your HTC Rezound

cut the tri-way, but all i did was snip the extra ends off, and left the two soldered together. figured that would be better than snipping all of it, but only twisting/taping back together lol the little stub in the pic is gone too

heres that extra red end, leading up to plug

left red is the same as above, closer shot into plug. i am keeping this wire right?

so now those yellow & black come from the gray plug, soldered to this set, that runs behind the dash. pink, blue, green is speaker wire right? heres the end

then goes behind (notice the head shield that starts)

which actually comes back up, then down the front (just like the big power chord)

then down under the steering column where i lost it

so those are factory, i assume? hope that gives you a better idea of where those power/ground/memory wires were coming from.

As far as the wires. You totally got me. Maybe just take it to a stereo shop? See how much they want? Have you tried to get installation manuals?

Was there a plug on the GMOS-04 with male RCA jacks?

Also, check out this link. Its the PDF instructions for wiring up that GMOS harness. Read over it and make sure that everything that is already wired up is wired correctly.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...8YHQCQ&usg=AFQjCNFdXHuyDOped03PCYIyzoM46cwFuw

thanks for the link!! i went through, and im still confused now. maybe it is just the noob in me? idk, what do you think (see pics/vid)

Cute air freshener bro. Its so totally bro

:rofl: PO had it in there when i bought, i just left it in for time being

As far as the wires. You totally got me. Maybe just take it to a stereo shop? See how much they want? Have you tried to get installation manuals?

well fuck. you are supposed to be good with this wiring shit :rofl: no, i havnt taken it to a shop, because i cant. truck is still off the road. annd i have the manual for my new unit, and now for the GMOS

PICS INCOMING:
as per directions, the negative and memory wire are connected from radio's wire to 24 pin harness, two unused orange wires taped off, and brown wire cut & looped

10 pin plug that goes into non-sticker side GMOS, with 4 male RCA's

also off that 10 pin, is a shitfest of female plugs, and another plug.

just couple shots of the 24 pin harness from GMOS to factory green plug

and my dog decided to help out loll

heres a gay video which might clear things up :shrug:

watch vid, tell me what stupid mistake im making/not realizing, offer solution :bawss:

Last edited by a moderator:
The orange wire will go to the orange on the Pioneer harness, it's the illumination wire. Orange/White will go to Orange/White also on the Pioneer harness (if it has it), that's the dimmer wire.

The male RCAs will go to the female RCA outputs on the back of your Pioneer headunit.

Per the Metra instructions:

-White RCA is left front
-Gray RCA is right front
-Green RCA is left rear
-Purple RCA is right rear

If you aren't sure which one on the Pioneer headunit is which, look at the diagram in the manual, it'll tell you.

The brown wire is the volume adjustment for your OnStar. Once you get everything hooked up, tap it to ground to make it louder/quiter.

Last edited:
Oh, fuck. Just watched the video. Cut the 10 pin harness and all of its faggotree off, that appears to be a part of the Alpine system that you don't need.

And the bundle of wires that includes the pink/blue, green, etc. is for the Nav function. If your Pioneer has Nav, it'll have corresponding wires for the parking brake, reverse, vss, etc.

I think you already have the harness man, it's just crimped to the Ford harness that the guy gave you. Just cut it all at the crimped connections.

Last edited:
was just about to edit and ask if it is worth de crimping all that shit, or just start fresh with longer wires for only $13
close up's of le harness

Oh, fuck. Just watched the video. Cut the 10 pin harness and all of its faggotree off, that appears to be a part of the Alpine system that you don't need.

you fuck, i said watch the video! :slap: but cut wUt? the extra portion of the 10pin, which has the female plugs and another plug?
this shit
IMAG2167_zps649a73cf.jpg

Yes, that appears to be all Alpine stuff. I'm willing to bet that extra plug in the picture matches a plug on the back of the Alpine. If so, just snip the blue and yellow that connects it to the 10 pin harness.

Yes, that appears to be all Alpine stuff. I'm willing to bet that extra plug in the picture matches a plug on the back of the Alpine. If so, just snip the blue and yellow that connects it to the 10 pin harness.

nope, you wrong nga. it fits into the old pioneer, not alpine :troll:

the yellow wire actually wasnt connected to anything, just taped to the blue. there was blue w/ white coming from 10pin and pioneer plug, i just cut at the solder point.
whats left is just that - 4 male plugs, 1 red power wire, 1 blue w/ white wire (remote power iirc?)
IMAG2166_zpse4e1e679.jpg