NBS 99 07 interior thread

That paint would've looked so much better with the proper prep :imo: It's already chipped off above the cluster and by the headlight switch. Spend the time prepping and the results are much more satisfying.

Also, imo, a darker blue would've looked better

Here is a pick of my 05 SS interior. Had a few pieces dipped.
gyje4ane.jpg

3y3ytymy.jpg

qe3epu7y.jpg

Yeah I sent it to member from another forum who does it. I liked it so much I recently ordered all the stuff to do my own dipping.

That is the best carbon fiber hydrodip I've seen. I still am not crazy about it as it looks "stretched" but that does look really good compared to what I normally see

Guys my dash is peeling pretty bad now, I want it a flat black, what do yall recommend? Strip and paint? Paint over?

Thanks! And I would strip and re paint. Don't want to put new stuff over something that is already failing IMO.

Guys my dash is peeling pretty bad now, I want it a flat black, what do yall recommend? Strip and paint? Paint over?

Strip with a powerwasher, don't use any chemicals. Then you can just paint it or leave it how it is. After it is stripped, it is like a semi-gloss black.

Duplicolor paint and clear. Can't remember the name of the paint but it's a Ford color, comes on some of the 2013s.

That's it. And suprisingly not that much trash haha. Funny thing is on the vehuckes its black with a load of mettalic, what I got looks more charcoal with metallic. :eek:kay:

Last edited:
Figured it was still wet/shiney Austin :bird: lol

Can't wait to see it done in the truck, been thinking of doing some pieces in the cobra that color.

You're right, the flakes look bigger when it's on the cars
Sent from Tapatwat

Seems like the flakes are less uniform on the cars as well, the purples/greens always show strongest to me in tuxedo.