My new build - Need help with ideas 2001 GMC Sierra 1500

Unfortunate note: you can't put the site owners/admins on ignore list.

Welcome dude, best tips I can give you are to watch and learn, and take things in stride; as you can see people have no problem telling you their honest opinion - negative or positive. It is the Internet.

but we can you!

Yea clearly :up:, i guess i just wasnt expecting it! So Jared, you said no flowmaster exhaust, I definitely want to get a new one so is there an accepted on on here? I know a place that can color match a bunch of things so i'm not worried about that... I understand what you mean about the headlights so whats your opinion on just getting HIDs?

Yea homie I'm not sure about a large portion of the things you listed. Personally not my taste. But at least you have a truck to start with so that's a step in the right direction. Take your time when looking, deciding, and buying. Nothing sucks worse than spending lots of money in a rush and then deciding you don't like what you bought. Lol

Muffler - aeroturbine, spintech, seen a lot like magnaflow.

Lights - denali headlights with 5k or 6k hids

But yes, we will not pamper your diaper. We will rip it off till you have a nasty rash and learn your lesson :ninja:

sent from your HTC Rezound

Yea clearly :up:, i guess i just wasnt expecting it! So Jared, you said no flowmaster exhaust, I definitely want to get a new one so is there an accepted on on here? I know a place that can color match a bunch of things so i'm not worried about that... I understand what you mean about the headlights so whats your opinion on just getting HIDs?

I personally don't like HID's unless in projectors, find the morimoto thread

exhaust is tricky, we have a thread

but we can you!

8zBZe.gif

Lol you've taken the opinions better than most.... good job. my opinions

aftermarket, like black halos, with leds and what not look ricey/cheap..... either clear them (remove orange reflector) or get denali projectors.

steps, as said dont look right to me on a single cab. please do not get big chrome step tubes, or any step tubes for that matter

tailgate strip? sometimes can be pulled off, rarely IMO, but most of the time ends up having burnt out leds and looking super trashy.

chrome..... you can definitely go overboard quick. as you can with colormatching.

exhaust, all opinion just dont get big ass super visible dual tips..... will get bashed. i have a dynomax bullet, louder than a flowmaster, but has a different sound. deep deep rumble at idle, little drone, not too loud not too quiet..... but again all preference

look around for tires and wheels and make sure you want what you want. i got 33" trail grapplers with 50%+ tread and 20" black pro comp wheels for $1000 last year. so be looking for deals but dont cheap out on stuff like paint

well im from maine and im 100% sure the truck in your sig wouldnt make it up my drive way.. not dissing it, it looks pretty sick but lowering your truck in maine is like putting it to an early grave, so yes i am set on either just putting the keys in or them and the block in the rear