Morimoto Retrofit Adaptor Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine in and went to start installing, but no go. The screw holes dont lineup , they are more than an eighth inch off with a huge gap overall around the projector. There is no way to even fix it.not what Ii expected for $40. Need you to make this right Ginger.....

My screw holes were perfect but I had a previous batch. You should be able to open them a little with a dremel or drill bit, would help if you need to adjust for rotation There should be a small gap all around for rotation if you need it also. You fill the gap in with silicone to seal it from the weather.

Got mine in and went to start installing, but no go. The screw holes dont lineup , they are more than an eighth inch off with a huge gap overall around the projector. There is no way to even fix it.not what Ii expected for $40. Need you to make this right Ginger.....

This happened to me also. I didn't get mine from ginger though. Turns out trs changed dimensions slightly. Sent my guy pics, and after checking with trs he made me new sets.

Just so everyone knows, these are for the 6.0 projectors. NOT the 4.0/5.0 projectors.

yeah, i am using them with the 6.0s. and the screw holes are off almost 1/4 inch. with so much material cut away for the projector, there is no swagging the holes....no material left. they are not close enough and needed to be cut a little more accurately. i tried pics, but failed the upload or i would show you. i expected the holes to line up, i could deal with the large gap around the projector. has anyone else tried them yet ?

i have 6.0s from TRS that are a couple weeks old, so most current version. At this point, i am back to the drawing board and need two more sets. I sent Ginger a PM, so waiting for his response for how to go forward

Sounds good I began to start panicking because I haven't placed my order for the 6.0's yet so I have no idea if there is an issue or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8GLpBdsGXqpUU9nZDRFZThrQ3Bkd2JfNUl1Q1JIbjN6dEpv/view?usp=sharingare these 6.0 specific ? has anyone else lined them up just to "eye" alignment when you drill the projector housing ? on mine, there is minimal room to adjust outside of where the "knockouts" are ont he projector. there is no material to adjust on the projector. I will look again tonight as I don't want to lose several more months on the project, but these do not look like were measured out of the current 6.0 projector with only two holes lining up. To his credit, Bryan offered a return that I don't want to have to use, but I also don't want to drill holes to far out on the frame of the plastic projector housing. Interested in hearing others experience if you have projectors and housings in hand like I do....

These are 6.0 specific right ? I talked to TRS when ordering, and the dimensions are different from the older versions.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8GLpBdsGXqpNHFYY1lWSGFEUzExUlJ0VV9oMVdIY1R3T0hn/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8GLpBdsGXqpUU9nZDRFZThrQ3Bkd2JfNUl1Q1JIbjN6dEpv/view?usp=sharing

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

i attached some pics to my post, they aren't great but they show the alignment of the bracket. anyone else check yet ? cutting the projector would put the holes to close to the edge, and there is not enough material left on the adapter plate to swag it. looking at the instructional video on youtube for the denali headlights, that bracket had 1/4 inch of material all the way around the holes and not near the gap that this one does. Bryan, any chance of getting something workable any time soon ? waited for months just to do this, want to exhaust my options before I have to do something else.....this is a bummer

Last edited:
I'm new to the forum. I found this forum looking to retro my 2006 Yukon Denali XL. I have done a retro on my Dakota so I am fairly familiar with the process. However I see everyone using these adapter plates from ginger and another member I believe. Those plates make the process so much easier. I've messaged ginger but haven't heard back yet.

Does anyone know if either ginger or the other member are still making those plates? I'm looking for the 6.0 mini version.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

I'm new to the forum. I found this forum looking to retro my 2006 Yukon Denali XL. I have done a retro on my Dakota so I am fairly familiar with the process. However I see everyone using these adapter plates from ginger and another member I believe. Those plates make the process so much easier. I've messaged ginger but haven't heard back yet.

Does anyone know if either ginger or the other member are still making those plates? I'm looking for the 6.0 mini version.

Status
Not open for further replies.