Huck's '70 C10

Ah, that sucks dude. As long as I have the ability to keep this one in good shape even if I can't mod it, it'll stay. If I get in a dire pinch or something I guess I'd sell it but I hope that never happens

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Truck looks nice, I would get out the rubbing compound and go to town on that paint and remove the oxidation. Swapping it onto a nbs frame sounds like a great idea too

Ah, that sucks dude. As long as I have the ability to keep this one in good shape even if I can't mod it, it'll stay. If I get in a dire pinch or something I guess I'd sell it but I hope that never happens

Give ya tree fiddy for it.

Is a NBS frame to wide? What about a s10 frame swap then LS swap it?
Not sure, still haven't taken any measurements. I guess I could check width with mine, but need to find a RCSB to check other specs
Cut that fucking stock frame up, like I did. Porterbuilt makes a body drop kit for your body style.
Yes but the thinking is get an NBS frame under it to get the thing up and running and enjoyable on the cheap. Just do a 4/6 or something and roll some 22s. I won't have porterbuilt money for a long time lol. If I have the space I might keep the stock frame laying around for later.

You would have to use a s10 frame. Newer truck frames are longer. But for what it is worth doing frame swaps are sometimes more of a pain than just using the current frame

Welp. Damn. Guess it's back to square one then. Thanks for shattering my dreams guiz :crazy:

Sent from your mom's dinglberry

If it is like a 48-54 (I am guessing it is) you will want a RCLB S-10 frame. I have one but you can no have it.

Well sheet. No point in that then. Wanted to do the NBS so I'd get a more modern chassis, LS, good trans/rearend, AC, wiring, etc all in one shot on the cheap. But if I have to use an S10 frame, none of that is there so might as well just use the stock frame. Oh well, was a nice thought

Sent from a dingleberry

Well sheet. No point in that then. Wanted to do the NBS so I'd get a more modern chassis, LS, good trans/rearend, AC, wiring, etc all in one shot on the cheap. But if I have to use an S10 frame, none of that is there so might as well just use the stock frame. Oh well, was a nice thought

Sent from a dingleberry

Serious? S-10 is probably cheaper for aftermarket parts than an NBS, LS swaps are simple into them as the only difference would be new motor mounts which I can send you the CAD files to make your own, and frames are cheap (I think I gave $150.00 for the entire truck).

Hmm, don't know much about S10s. Never even considered cuz I thought they were too small. Maybe have to look more into that swap then :shake:

Sent from a dingleberry

Just gotta find me one to take some measurements of, thanks for the suggestion at least. Gives me more options :shake:

Sent from a dingleberry

s10 is too narrow. There are people that swapped 88-98 OBS frames and 99-06 NBS frames, but honestly...what's the point. Unless your frame is damaged, all of the conversion parts are cheap. They have LS motor mounts, disk brake conversions, etc, etc. you can get the truck up and going with a cheap donor parts truck very easily

s10 is too narrow. There are people that swapped 88-98 OBS frames and 99-06 NBS frames, but honestly...what's the point. Unless your frame is damaged, all of the conversion parts are cheap. They have LS motor mounts, disk brake conversions, etc, etc. you can get the truck up and going with a cheap donor parts truck very easily

This plus you already have truck arms out back, I'd rather have those than leafs

Oh I know it's all cheap using my frame, it'd just be even that much cheaper (even though it's alot more work) to use a complete NBS. I'm gonna still do some measuring and see.

I would definitely rather have truck arms over leafs. I need to start putting some spread sheets together and start pricing stuff out

Sent from a dingleberry

IMO, keep the 67-72 frame. everything is bolt on vs fabricating body mounts. Trailing arms will ride, lower, and bag way easier than a leaf spring setup. front suspension is cheaper to lower/modify with stock setup.

You can get junk yard parts for cheap.

73-87 front suspension is bolt on, 5 lug disk brake, all you need to do is elongate the two rear mounting holes on the frame and the entire front end lines right up. 5 lug axle shafts are $300, Drop spindles are $150-200, drop coils...fuck it just cut yours. Rear blocks and drop springs are cheap.

It really depends on what you're going for, if you want to do LS swap, and do disk brakes all at once, than sure, it's doable, but will take a lot of fab work to make body mounts that will work on the 67-72. Then all of the fab work to adapt the 67-72 core support to hold all of the NBS stuff, plus adapt the firewall to work with NBS brakes, HVAC, etc. It's not an easy task.