Huck's '70 C10

Shit, damn auto correct. That was meant to say Huckleberry Contracting lol.

Will be mild cammed 5.3 or 6.0, whatever I find better deal on, tuned, TB I6 converter, 4L60E and probably 3.55s (idk what gears on in the truck but I doubt it has a posi/locker)

Do want overdrive, DNW 80E huge 1-2 split. It'll be built in stages, 1st will be fun driver. Static drop, decent handling, LS and auto so I can have fun with it. Hope to get that much and maybe vintage air done this year. Once I get my own place to blast it apart, it'll be time for PB stuff or a full roadstershop/somebody's frame full interior redo.

I already outlined my pretty immediate plans for it, clean it up, maintenance, drop, some paint work, power disc brakes and rock it for a bit.

Then this year/next year, if funds allow:
-5.3/4L60E/harness/computer pullout, small cam, I6 TB converter, custom tune
-probably a custom harness, there's a couple places catering to the C10/LS crowd and it's not too expensive and screw dissecting a stock harness
-new fuel system, all new lines, fuel tank in the rear
-new wood bed
-maybe vintage air

Longgggg term:
-either full PorterBuilt level 2 (touring) front and rear kits, center brace system, custom chassis bracing...or save for full RoadsterShop/etc frame ready to go
-Built 408 LS stroker, maybe with a blower or turbo
-15" brakes all around
-T56
-Hugger Orange/White 2 tone or single tone IROC or similar Blue
-full custom interior/sound system
-be Optima Ultimate Streetcar Challenge eligible

The only reason he's giving it to me is because he knows I'll take care of it and he just wants it to go to a good home. So I can't sell it, plus I'd be stupid to sell it cuz I'm already several grand ahead of anybody else's build. I'll just slowly piddle away on it and see how it evolves. My plans will probably change over time as well, but it'll be fun to play with and I'll keep this thread updated as much as possible

yea, i dont have the time and the money for it at the moment, but if you are interested in one chris let me know, the kid i work with caught the inside of his cab n fire, not bad, but enought to basically render the truck not worth repairing, fire never got big, and from the outside, and under the hood looks like nothing happened.

Was finally able to get my pics uploaded to Imgurl. Didn't do anything tonight cuz I was exhausted, the weekend finally caught up to me. Anyway, drove to Wilmington, NC Friday right after work. Google maps lied to me, said it was a little over 5 hrs. Was definitely 7-8. Got up there a little after midnight, checked in the hotel and crashed. Got bfast and the trailer early Saturday morning, got to my cousin's house and loaded the truck up and hit the road cuz it was supposed to storm real bad the whole trip. Actually ended up raining very little and was sunny for the last half of the trip.

A little history on the truck, my cousin got it for free from a widow after her husband died. My cousin had gone to college with their son years before. The husband was an iron worker, doing handrails, iron detail work on old houses, etc in the Greenville area. He never left Greenville once he returned from WWII. He served in Pearl Harbor and HATED the Japanese from that day forward because he spent the rest of the war repairing ships that they damaged in the Pacific. He retired from ironworking sometime in the mid-late 70s and kept the truck in a barn, only driving down to the mailbox and back. My cousin got it in 94/95 and has kept it in his garage, only doing household chores and occasionally driving it to work. Anyways, on to the pics

Loaded up at my cousin's house. So glad I bought the helper bags, put 50psi in them for the best compromise of height vs ride comfort. It towed great!

Rest stop in SC

Home sweet home

Found some cool stuff going through the truck, oil change mileage and dates, tire sizes scribed in the drivers door jamb

A lot of dirt and crap, but no visible rust. Floors appear to be in good shape

Found the original (as far as I am aware anyway) owners manual as well as a full book of paperwork in the glovebox

Cab corners and rockers are solid, though the passenger side has been previously repaired

Grille and hood took a little shunt at some point

Needs an antenna lol

The radio and single speaker works pretty good

Options sheet

Here you can see the original paint peaking through the brushed on paint

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Has Sears brand 235/75/15s on it :rofl: Even being 20yrs old, they're not dry rotted or anything surprisingly

Floors really are great, the surface rust is thanks to a leaky windshield seal. Gonna do the old school bus trick for the time being, clear silicone around the edge of the seal. A little wire brush action and rust encapsulator black spray paint fixed that right up

Seatbelts were added later

Cousin threw in his vintage Sears dwell meter and timing light since he has no use for them anymore

You can see the outlet mounted to the rack, also that toolbox is bolted through the steel plate that was laid over the original wood. Haven't gotten under to see where the bolts go to but couldn't get them out with a wrench and vice grips

Found this stuff under the box

Here's the bigass plastic toolbox that was bolted to the bedfloor

No more rack. It was actually fairly ingenious, it was completely modular, all bolted together

Bed cleaned out, gonna put wood back in it

Looks so much better now

Ole girl runs and drives pretty good. It needs brake work, the rears are dragging bad, the carb needs a rebuild I think, might do a tune-up, and the shifter needs bushings bad. Not bad for a free truck tho :imo:

Last edited:
After seeing that paint, What I would do is repaint all the white with a semi gloss, and use some rubbing compound by hand to shine up the green paint, I think you'll be surprised how nice it will clean up and look after that.

Just a cool insta shot, need to get some good shots of this and the Sierra together for a new sig pic

Buddy's father-in-law is giving me this vintage '70 Ga plate for the truck. He's just as excited about it as I am lol. His dad has a '57 that's all original

And my buddy, his wife, and little girl stopped by to check it out yesterday. She was having a ball playing in the bed, inside and sitting on the rear fenders lol

After seeing that paint, What I would do is repaint all the white with a semi gloss, and use some rubbing compound by hand to shine up the green paint, I think you'll be surprised how nice it will clean up and look after that.

Think so? I have no idea what kinda paint he used to brush it, but maybe I'll try a couple spots and see if it'll polish