Choosing HIDS

heres my Q: i have a 35w 6k kit from hidnation with 9005 bulbs that i had in my denali lights. well i have a silverado now, which takes 9006. from what i understand they are the same bulb, but the 9006 just has a little cap on top for glare/reflection reasons in the halogen housing, like so
9005_9006_Halogen_Bulb.jpg

SOOO.. to run some hids in the rado, could i just buy new bulbs from xxx company and plug them into the HIDnation harness to work..orr am i better off buying a whole new kit from say VVME?

get new bulbs and you will be set. Or if you wanna see if the 9005 will go in the 9006 and stay snug, theres no glare cap on any HID bulbs its just a matter of will the tabs on the base of the 9005 fit into the hole of the 9006 and stay snug. Give it a try, I ran 9005 bulbs in my 9006 low beams for a bit

ooh alrighty. well i only have the 9006's now. so i guess i will just try throwing them in one day and see how that goes. if you ran the same thing no problem i oughta be golden

I could get a whole new kit for $40ish :crossarms: ya i know trs is the best.. But they'd be powered by 1yr old Hidnation ballasts anyway, which idk if they're good or bad

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

I have a silverado and put these smoke headlights on it , there not really smoked , the lens is clear it's just that the inside Is little black and I can't see for shit at night !! Would hid bulbs help? My fogs are brighter than my low brand and high !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if your running stock halogen lows, then any hid would help greatly. 35w 5000k has the most light output, followed by 6000k which has a slight blue tint to it, yet still good output imo. anything lower/beyond them and just for look purposes :imo:

if your running stock halogen lows, then any hid would help greatly. 35w 5000k has the most light output, followed by 6000k which has a slight blue tint to it, yet still good output imo. anything lower/beyond them and just for look purposes :imo:

4300k has the most output. :crossarms:

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

VVME makes some quality stuff, ran a kit in my truck and then a kit in my coyote and never had an issue.
Here's a color chart for HIDs, just pick which ever you like best. 3000 is yellow for like rally fogs, 4300k/5000k are very similar and give the most light, 6000k is still very bright but has a hint of blue (what I run now), 8000k is much more blue but still bright (what I ran in the truck), 10000 is cobalt blue, 12000k is purple. Can't see shit with 10 or 12, they're for looks.

Here's the link to their HIDs, just find your bulb number, choose your color temp you want, and spend the extra couple bucks for the digital slim ballast, they're better/more reliable/smaller/last longer than the old big box ones.
Wholesale Single Beam HID Conversion Kits/Headlights