Beware: Distinct Fabrications out of Mckinney, Texas

This shit is ridiculous, hope you get it all figured out and it ends up getting fixed right. I got a small dose of this yesterday when the dealership either hit my truck with something or hit something with my truck :nono:

I was screwed over by hector (distinct fab) earlier in the year.. I had a truck in my shop that i installed my front kit on and was running out of time for my slow machinist to finish my steering parts so i called hector paypalled him the cash so he could ship out some simple heims and tie rod sleeves, said he already had some sets on the shelf and hed ship them next day.. needless to say many phone calls and fb messages later i never got them nor did i get the money back so i ended up making them... he basically completely ignores me now lol.. I've also had a set of lower arms from him in the past that were piss poor quality but thats besides the fact.. My biggest advice to anyone in texas, take your time and money to my buddies at Nfamus Air Suspension, they will give you honest service and quality work.. Sorry to hear what happened to you guys..

Thanks Cody

I did speak with nfamus via FB about the work, but unfortunately I can't afford it. Hector was doing my work for $300 (probably would have been half-assed) and I budgeted that in. Nfamus wasn't much more, but then they explained that I would need my fenders painted. Which would easily set me back a bit more. My truck is at the body shop, so I definitely didn't want to go through all that again. Some have said I won't need the fenders painted after welding, some have said it will mess the paint up...I have no clue.

If the deal that I have going on falls through, I may have to take it to them and have it done, but at a later date. Regardless, this weekend it's being driven. I have my oem spindles so I can slap those on for now if need be and tub later. With all the time it was down, I could have had it dropped off and bagged already. Affording it is the hard part. Spending $1k on my dogs ear surgery has put a damper in the truck fund for a while. After this ordeal, I am done for a while!

Last edited:
Yes I have, I got a hold of David (I believe that was his name) after you got me the info. Problem is, they are about the same as Nfamus, and if I am paying big name price, my truck will go to a big name. No disrespect to AutoFab at all! But with all that has happened, I feel more comfortable doing it this way. Plus, I just don't have the time to drop my truck off for 4-5 days right now like they need. I am sure Nfamus will be longer.

I'm just not too sure what I will do. Justin has offered his time and skill to me, and we have discussed the details privately, but he has not been able to confirm with me yet with his busy schedule.

Thanks Cody

I did speak with nfamus via FB about the work, but unfortunately I can't afford it. Hector was doing my work for $300 (probably would have been half-assed) and I budgeted that in. Nfamus wasn't much more, but then they explained that I would need my fenders painted. Which would easily set me back a bit more. My truck is at the body shop, so I definitely didn't want to go through all that again. Some have said I won't need the fenders painted after welding, some have said it will mess the paint up...I have no clue.

If the deal that I have going on falls through, I may have to take it to them and have it done, but at a later date. Regardless, this weekend it's being driven. I have my oem spindles so I can slap those on for now if need be and tub later. With all the time it was down, I could have had it dropped off and bagged already. Affording it is the hard part. Spending $1k on my dogs ear surgery has put a damper in the truck fund for a while. After this ordeal, I am done for a while!

Just tell them not to roll the fenders, like i told you in another thread the repainting is only needed if they reinforce the fender lip. Its hit or miss as to whether youd need repainting, i know mine did but they were under the assumption that i was repainting anyways since my truck was like 3 different colors.

I just did a set of fenders and while they were going be painted, there is nothing that will hurt the actual outer fender. It's only if they choose to do that. I've tubbed 3 sets of fenders on already painted trucks and none of them needed repair

Tony Moreno: "Yea he took 2 years on my car after I paid him $3000 cash and didn't even touch it and didn't give me my money back because hes broke for hooking people up then I bought another car he took 5 months just to do the front end ONLY and still no cash back because he's broke again he's such a terrible business man but a badass fabricator his work is basically perfect but business he sucks at he's better off working for someone then working for himself"

Rumor has it, he left town. Or so I was told by a party who is effected by all this. There is another truck in the shop that is getting yanked out of there. From what I was told, he wasn't too happy either. This is all hearsay, no real proof.

$3,261.56 worth of damages

Last edited: