BARBER's 2003 Chevy LB7 Duramax

Okay, okay, okay....ya bunch of whiny two year olds....here's a video for your...listening...pleasure!

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pet.../VID_20150129_220315_899_zpspiqzbcrm.mp4.html

Oh and a story for tonights fail. Got it in my shop and cut another section out of the hood to clear the charge pipe. Only cut a small section out of the hood bracing for it to work. Then proceeded to eliminate the gawd-awful rattling inside the cab caused by the downpipe hitting the cab. There was a trans cooler fitting hitting the pipe that I rotated the line up to clear.

I won't be able to dent in the cab properly with the downpipe still on and I don't want to take it off. If I do take the time to take it off, I'll have a new overflow coolant tank bought from WC Fab to replace this one since it has no spot for the low coolant sensor.

In the meantime, I still think adding a thick washer under the whole body and bed will help clear things better. Even if it was 3/16", it would help a bit. Actually one of the studs on the firewall used to hold the battery tray which now was the lowest bolt for the coolant tank was causing 90% of the rattling and noise. A sawzall cured that!

After all that went to go out and cruise around and get a video for y'all. Coming back home on a stretch of highway I tried a boosted launch. I found out before that cranked front ends DO NOT like boosted launches in 4WD. Stopped, tried a launch in 2WD. Before I know it I threw my serpentine belt off. This is now the second time this has happened. First time was back in early November. Anyways, salvaged the belt and got it back home safely.

I do have a new belt tensioner to go on. It isn't sloppy right ATM. Unsure what could be causing it.

Yeah if you want your tires to point at each other, keep doing 4wd launches lol. Need some HD tierods and sleeves if you're gonna do that, and I'd crank down some too.

Yeah if you want your tires to point at each other, keep doing 4wd launches lol. Need some HD tierods and sleeves if you're gonna do that, and I'd crank down some too.
I already got a rebuilt front end with Kryptonite UCAs, Rare parts tie rods, BUT no steering braces though.

how do you like thoe kyptonites? I've been debating on doing those or Cockneato when I get new tires.

i heard cogneato tie rods arnt very good...i heard rare parts are the way too go, cause also a lot cheaper.

Rare parts everyone with cognito is a cuckold imo and I haven't broken my rare parts so I wouldn't spend extra money on kryptonite imo imo imo

Sent from limp mode cat eye.

I like their UCAs. No complaints. A little less money than the Cognitos but with the Moog problem solver bolt in balljoints just like the Cognitos. A while back Kryptonite had picture of a LCA that they were working on. Those would be badass!

The wheels and tires, I was a little undecided on them when they were first bolted on but they are growing on me more and more. I'm also glad I went with the 315s instead of a 305.

IMG_20150131_075146_292_zpsmd7adn9k.jpg

IMG_20150131_075202_038-1_zps5zab4xot.jpg

IMG_20150131_075249_484_zpsufnutnqx.jpg

IMG_20150131_075552_958_zpspuzu8qqv.jpg

IMG_20150131_075537_789_zps0jmge0gk.jpg

Whats your buddy got done to his truck and what kind of power did it make there?

You gonna strap yours to the roller soon?

That was last May, he's got a drop in filter, muffler delete, and EFI Live by Starlite. I can't remember what he put down 400 or better IIRC.

All the local diesel shops will be having their dyno days in the spring time again. One shop just put in a loaded dyno this fall/winter so I'm sure I'll be present when they hold their dyno day.