BARBER's 2003 Chevy LB7 Duramax

he doesn't like them lol

i know on the 03 gas jobs its common for the BCM to short. i had one take a shit in mine
Yea we kind of pointed a finger at maybe the BCM. How much does a new one of those run? I suppose a dealer will have to program it?

I have a apare bcm out of a suburban... I can take a pic and you can have it for the cost of shipping

Message sent.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

I've had three people now tell me that if the wrong operating system was uploaded into the vehicle, that was cause the delay in the starter and was cause the oil pressure not to read. The third person who told me this was the guy who I bought this turbo kit from. Informed me that if an 01-02 operating system was uploaded, that would cause the oil pressure to not read. All of this makes sense since the guy who worked on it said that there was no delay in the starter when he first had it running. He had to swap in a new neutral safety switch because he couldn't get it to start at first. After it got tuned, he drove it in to finish the inner fender liner and noticed the delay in the starter.

Needless to say...I'm starting to get awfully fucking pissed off.

So a os from a 01-02 was loaded on it? Changing os us a big no no lol... unless you change the ecm completely. So many quirks that can happen. Before I send you that bcm is this what yours looks like?

0a3884ca8a44ed705342e933a3b9a842.jpg

b580046e00d61cb76a42f4afabffebed.jpg

3a7e9f1a6688f9aba8935a0ae74d4577.jpg

Ben, the tuner guy at Accelerated sent me a message yesterday stating that one of the tune files was incorrect and caused the oil pressure and starter delay. He found a late model LB7 file online and built off of it. Said it's correct now. So I don't believe the entire operating system was incorrect. He did mess with the MAF some with it sitting and once they get it inside to fix the convertor bolts and after everything is correct, he will take it out and put some miles on it to make sure everything is correct and tune it so it isn't a bit sluggish off the line.

I ran to town yesterday and picked up some more convertor bolts, just like the ones I used and just like the ones that two different guys from ATS had fucking told me to use. A machine shop said they could turn them down a couple threads if need be. Also took up the original short bolts that came with the transmission. Supposedly those are the ones to be used. I also dropped off the ATS Co Pilot I had and they'll wire that in real quick too.

As far as the electrical problems and with my cluster going crazy, I don't know if that was caused by the tuning or what. So on your spare BCM that you have Matt, lets hold off for a little bit. I may not need it.

Why didn't he pull the stock file off your truck instead of getting one from online? If he found it online they alwayd say what OS it is. If I were you and it doesn't get corrected I would get your tuning done elsewhere. JMO though

It was tuned beforehand by another shop. That guys tuning was nasty and dirty
Would still try to get your stock file back. I always save them when I tune anyones truck. Its good to be able to go back and start new

Got a phone call from Accelerated at 5:30 tonight asking if the Co Pilot came with any instructions...and it didn't :down: It's an older version and the instructions for the new ones don't match up. So they'll be contacting ATS to come up with something. They got the torque convertor bolts fixed today. So the Co Pilot and some more tuning and it SHOULD be done.

Agreed. There will be a few things I'll have to do once I get it home such as clearance the hood and anywhere that the exhaust/downpipe is hitting the cab.

Then in the near future I'll start my traction bars, rear helper bags, replace my leaking shock and a new steering stabilizer. I also got plans of doing some interior work as well.

Those of you who are my Snatch Chat friends....you are the chosen ones.

Those who aren't will have to wait to turbo-booshted-ness.