Alecks' hopes and dreams thread.

I don't think it does unless it's flex fuel. I'm not exactly sure what trucks they came on but it started with the NNBS. I'm sure someone will come in and correct me. But something I do know, unless you really build it up or go Fi, that 5.3 won't pull like a 6.2

Sent from my potato

I don't think it does unless it's flex fuel. I'm not exactly sure what trucks they came on but it started with the NNBS. I'm sure someone will come in and correct me. But something I do know, unless you really build it up or go Fi, that 5.3 won't pull like a 6.2

Sent from my potato

It is the flex fuel, and I don't plan on building it to perform like a 6.2, but anything better than how it is now is good to me lol

I decided to hold off on a cam for my truck because you have to pull the intake, heads, and some of the shit off the front off the engine bay to do a swap. For now, I'm doing headers, CAI, tune, and a few small bolt-ons. If I were you, I'd do the same. cam swaps can get sketchy quick if you don't know what you're doing.

I decided to hold off on a cam for my truck because you have to pull the intake, heads, and some of the shit off the front off the engine bay to do a swap. For now, I'm doing headers, CAI, tune, and a few small bolt-ons. If I were you, I'd do the same. cam swaps can get sketchy quick if you don't know what you're doing.

You don't have to touch the heads or intake. You just pull all accessories, radiator, and timing cover off. Lolz :read:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapashit

I've heard people think they need to pull the motor, cam swaps aren't in the least bit hard, just time consuming and tedious

Mostly getting accessories out of the way to get to the engine to do a cam swap. Not as much tearing the engine down.

Yeah the accessories and radiator can suck my balls :crazy: that shit is a pita lol but worth it. That and doing valve springs takes a while, especially if you have a shitty compressor like i did :fp: glad I bought a good one lol

Yeah the accessories and radiator can suck my balls :crazy: that shit is a pita lol but worth it. That and doing valve springs takes a while, especially if you have a shitty compressor like i did :fp: glad I bought a good one lol

Lol yeah, by no means did I mean it was easy by saying that. I hate doing that kind of stuff haha

Lol pulling everything apart isn't a problem to me, I've gotten pretty far taking some stuff apart including timing cover just from boredom, it's just, like Ryan said it's a tedious process, and I'm pretty clumsy.. I'm completely down to do it, I just need someone to gimme a rough list of what all I'll need to do it obviously other than the cam itself. Also not sure what cam I should go with; I looooove TSP's 220/220 but they don't make it anymore (iirc), and I can't find any similar to it in timing and lift

It is the flex fuel, and I don't plan on building it to perform like a 6.2, but anything better than how it is now is good to me lol

Don't be pussies. Heads do NOT need pulled, intake does NOT need pulled. It's not hard, just time consuming. But if you are an idiot then I'd have someone install it who knows what they're doing.
Does your truck shut down to 4cyl mode? If so, cam swap will be a bit more costly. Before you start buying parts, you need to figure out what you want out of the truck. Sound, low end, top end, happy medium, etc. In my opinion, any cam even worth doing needs a bigger converter. 3k minimum but that's my preference. I'd also not install a cam without installing headers because honestly that's a waste and there's a ton of power being left on the table.
Let me answer your questions.

Btw, a properly modded 5.3l without boost will easily stand up a stock 6.2l.

Don't be pussies. Heads do NOT need pulled, intake does NOT need pulled. It's not hard, just time consuming. But if you are an idiot then I'd have someone install it who knows what they're doing.
Does your truck shut down to 4cyl mode? If so, cam swap will be a bit more costly. Before you start buying parts, you need to figure out what you want out of the truck. Sound, low end, top end, happy medium, etc. In my opinion, any cam even worth doing needs a bigger converter. 3k minimum but that's my preference. I'd also not install a cam without installing headers because honestly that's a waste and there's a ton of power being left on the table.
Let me answer your questions.

Btw, a properly modded 5.3l without boost will easily stand up a stock 6.2l.

Kyle you're a go-getter :shake:

:yay: Thank you for link :shake: Still pondering what I want out of it. Might find a beater DD and build it to be stupid fast

Also, I don't think it goes to 4cyl mode, but if it did, how could I tell?

Check the RPO Code in your glove box. All of these have Active Fuel Management. the LH6 is the only 5.3 with AFM. You would def be able to tell if your engine was cutting half its cylinders off though. IIRC the AFM determines "hybrid" status.

LH6
L76
LZ1
L92

Check the RPO Code in your glove box. All of these have Active Fuel Management. the LH6 is the only 5.3 with AFM. You would def be able to tell if your engine was cutting half its cylinders off though. IIRC the AFM determines "hybrid" status.

LH6
L76
LZ1
L92

I'm pretty sure it does have it. At times at a steady speed it drops a few hundred RPMs and feels a bit sluggish when easing down on the gas pedal..