About to order all my LEDs all at once...

Colyn.

Acrophobic
Mar 17, 2012
Alma, GA
Okay so ive almost got everything I need in my cart on VLED, was hoping you guys could help me finish it so I can order even though some of it is on backorder...

Headlights

(1) Pair of 5k 10 LED 360* - 194 Bulb
(2) Pair of 5k 92 LED Dual Amber Switchbacks - 3157 Bulb

Tail Lights

(1) Pair Red 10 LED 360* - 194 Bulb
(2) Pair Red 12 LED Turn Signal / Brake Light - 3157 Bulb

I need to know what to get as far as resistors go and if there is anything else I will need... Im going to order another turn single socket from somewhere so I can have dual turns just have to figure out where. Anyway can you guys point me in the right direction.

Also where can I find these CREE reverse bulbs at that ive heard so much about and what will I need to make it so it comes on after 5 seconds so I wont burn it out? Im a noob when it comes to wiring or anything eletrical and things always go bad.

Thanks, Colyn.

for the blinkers either snip the pin on the relay or buy a new blinker relay (what I did)

Turn signal socket you can get from an auto part store, usually in stock

Got my cree reverse lights from veds but they don't have them anymore. Check out longshot lighting, they have some bright ass lights

for the blinkers either snip the pin on the relay or buy a new blinker relay (what I did)

Turn signal socket you can get from an auto part store, usually in stock

Got my cree reverse lights from veds but they don't have them anymore. Check out longshot lighting, they have some bright ass lights

I checked price of new socket from oriellys and it was like $30 ea. and they dont keep them in stock... but will find somewhere, the CREE backup lights is only thing im really searching for....

how much are those lights for the front?

They are $39.99 a pair my whole cart is $151.94 right now and that not counting rest of parts or HIDs yet... gonna be a bunch of money in lights lol.

EDIT - Guess it will be between this light and this other one, which one would you guys get?

1st Choice - http://www.longshotlighting.com/products/t15-led-replacement-bulbs-1-white-pair

2nd Choice - http://www.longshotlighting.com/col...ts/16watt-white-reverse-bulb-single-bulb-3157

Last edited:
holy cow! Got mine from like autozone, no where near that price cause I would have never done it lol

http://www.longshotlighting.com/products/16watt-white-reverse-bulb-single-bulb-3157

here they are as blinkers

542391_147369638751984_1684177829_n.jpg

150963_147369608751987_845686204_n.jpg

I will be doing the same thing for mine lol

or

http://www.longshotlighting.com/products/30-watt-white-reverse-bulb-pair-3157-3156

I would order everything from them if I could get switchbacks because I want it to be orange when turning and all 5k when driving around..... But do want a pair of those for backing up at night.

Yea they have some bright stuff. Not a fan of flash backs. To many people having issues with them I just stayed away from that hassle

I chunked my switchbacks. Fuckin headache. Just have natural amber bulbs in signal/drl now. Ordered my interior and reverse LEDs from ebay seller heard good things about last nite. Wholesale vvme HID order for 20 kits placed earlier.

Now im freaked about the switchbacks... there isnt anything I could do to make them function properly? Like resistors or something?? If not im going with those other ones

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

what are the issues people are running into? I want to do the whole int/ext LED switch but thats a shit load of money for lights.

The issues are with switchback leds not leds in general. I'm not sure what the issue people are having but I know they cant get them to flash right or something.

Those Longshot reverse bulbs look nice. I might have to grab me a set, my set from vled thst look similar to those already took a shit on me after a month

Past few weeks they have been going in and out, one will come on but the other won't, one will be bright and the other dim etc. Saturday I finally had time to look at them and found this
20130217_143911_zps27f81910.jpg

Past few weeks they have been going in and out, one will come on but the other won't, one will be bright and the other dim etc. Saturday I finally had time to look at them and found this
20130217_143911_zps27f81910.jpg

Mine both light up pretty dim and front led will flicker. Sad to see it happen from vleds

Enviado desde my mexi house

God. All I want are quality leds that will last... I wanted switchbacks but will just get something more simple for the sake of less to tear up.

Mine both light up pretty dim and front led will flicker. Sad to see it happen from vleds

Enviado desde my mexi house

Were you running those in your DRL socket? That's no bueno. They only have 2 models of LED's that'll take the extra voltage you get from GM DRL's.

If it's only been a month shoot them an email with that picture and ask for either a replacement or a refund.

God. All I want are quality leds that will last... I wanted switchbacks but will just get something more simple for the sake of less to tear up.

Don't be a pussy :crazy: I've been running Switchbacks for about 2 years now. The last week has been on VLED's Switchbacks which are MUCHO better than my cheap eBay 32bulb Switchbacks I had. I'm running resistors that are spliced in with scotch locks (because I was too lazy to solder) that are taped the fuck up.

Just a note for everybody. If your switchbacks are not flashing properly, check to make sure they are 4-contact bulbs and NOT 3-contact bulbs. I fucked up and ordered "CK Type" switchbacks the first round from VLED's and they didn't work. VLED's did a straight swap for the bulbs I needed. Best bet for Customer service is their FB page... I had a response within 5 minutes of posting a question on their wall... on a Saturday afternoon.

Oh... these are my DRL's: http://www.vleds.com/5k-white-21-led-parking-backup-light-bulbs-3156-3157-4057-1-pair.html
Rated for 14.5V and a HUGE heat sink.

Switchbacks: http://www.vleds.com/5k-white-amber...s-3157-3157na-3357-3457-4157-4057-1-pair.html
Definitely bright enough. Any brighter and they'd look like HID's with the glare.

Fogs: http://www.vleds.com/bulb/9000-seri...fog-light-bulbs-hb3-9005-h10-9145-1-pair.html
These fuckers are bright... I'm gonna disable the hi-6 and go back to hi-4. Got stopped by a cop thinking my fogs were HID's and he was PISSED. Also got a "fix-it" warning for my tinted tails :rage:.

The only halogen bulbs left on my truck are the brake lights...even my reverse lights are LED. Left the brake bulbs Halogen to melt the fgt snow during the winter and driving down the road in blizzards.

Last edited:
Putting 5K hids in lows highs and fogs. So why not make blinkers match lol...

I just dont want to drop $300 on lights and in few months some go out. But we will see.... nobody has answered my resistor question will I need then for every light or what I have no problem doing it right so let me know guys...