Important!: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT build thread!

can't you have a local dealer reflash? thats what I did when I worked at a shop and someone already had a shit tune. Local dealer reflashed stock tunes for $50.

ordered trunion upgrade.

trying to decide if I will keep the stock oil pump and chain. Most say the L76 pump is fine, no need to change it. Could save me a couple hundred bucks.

Ive heard the same thing. Very rarely do you here of failures due to Chain and Pump... justy my .02. Chances are you will have to drop the pan to do the pump(because of where pickup is), and that might be a whole new ball of wax possbility on that car

most have to drop the pan, and it's a PITA...

heads come off tomorrow, fucking exited, should be dropped off saturday for P&P

Imma go out on a limb and say this was part of my misfire issue...
10155004_10204448900160983_934053875750388442_n.jpg

I bought new timing set and oil pump that I p & p just for the the peace of mind. I did have to remove the oil pan to get to the pickup tube bolt.

"See babe...thats why I had to do all these upgrades"

Keep that lifter and loan it to guys....we can use it as evidence when we trying to justify a cam swap

I know what they are talking about. On all mentioned cam swaps, I removed/replaced the oil pumps without removing the pan.

Most are worried about the oring getting nicked or cut, but I removed my pickup tube when I did my oil pan gasket, and reinstalled it just fine.

think of it like when you get the green light to do anal with a woman. all you have to do is push the tube away slightly and gently reinsert it upon installing the new pump(a little oil on the o ring for lube helps) and be careful to not drop the pickup tube bolt into the pan. child's play.