1999 GMC RCSB 4x4 Build..4/6, motor work and much more

i hear ya. Ya i still need to as well. I was hoping id just take the bracket off of this motor to modify, but i forgot that its a 06 and it doesnt have a bracket haha.

You could do meth injection if you want to go boosted with the high compression ratio. Should allow to run pump gas safely.

Sent from my Stealth Lookin iPhone using Tapaturd

ya that is always an option. Im guessing I would be running a FI cam so i would probably just swap back to some 317s at the same time to drop the compression. Thats a ways out, im hoping that I will be happy with this for a little while anyway.

I thought so. Its knock off version of a Nick Williams 92mm I believe. It seems to be really good quality and the price was right. Add a little bling here and there.

Last edited:
Its a TBSS.Supposed to have some real nice upper rpm gains over the stock gen3 intakes. Same as the 07+ 5.3 intakes basically. Im not sure if they are identical or not, but damn close.

Moar goodies. Think I have almost everything for the trans swap now. Input shaft, bearing and seal should be in the next few days, dropped the driveshaft off last night. Just need to order the new front shaft (from a 8.1 and allison truck) and converter

ya, the 4l80e is 1 11/16" longer. On my 99, the xmember is bolted to the bottom of the frame, so that will be easy to move. Ill make one that sits above the frame at some point, just not a huge priority right now.

thanks man. Its getting there. its been a long time planning and gathering parts, have just over a month to get it running and dialed in.

Yes sir thats the plan for now. I sold the 24s last weekend. Was sick of the rougher ride and keeping them clean. Ill keep running my esky 18s for a while. I imagine i will drive this quite a bit in the summer.I only work 5 minutes from home and we take the Malibu on any longer trips. Have my eye on a 2011 6.2 Crew cab. almost pulled the trigger on it a few weeks ago. Black leather, sunroof, 4x4, 6.2 60k miles. I just have a hard time gettig rid of the tahoe, all new drive train, runs great, paid off. Ill probably keep it for a while as i'm lookin for a house hopefully next summer and dont really need a truck payment.

Thats what im thinking. Plus, ill be driving this truck most of the time I have a feeling, so no need to buy a new truck just to drive in the winter and whatever. I can tow and do whatever with this one. I dont believe in good fuel mileage haha

Converter has been ordered. Circle D Pro Series Multi Disk 258mm 3b (3500 stall speed). Decided to go with the Multi disk for WOT lock up and if I ever decide to tow anything. Havent skimped on anything yet, might as well not start lol.

big enough. I would have gone a little higher, but it matches my cam nicely and will be alright for daily driving in the summer. Any bigger on the cam or converter and it wouldn't have been as nice to drive through town.

Driveshaft should be done Monday. Forgot to order the Comp Trunion rocker upgrade, so thats on the way. Heads should be done next week as well.