1999 GMC RCSB 4x4 Build..4/6, motor work and much more

yes sir I have a built 4l60 in the tahoe. I have had no problems with it, but i didnt want to risk it. I had about 2400 in the trans plus 600 for a converter, so about 3k to have a "decent set up". In this lighter truck, it probably would be alright since its held up to my 6200 lb tahoe and 24s. The 4l80e was $825. Converter im thinking is $900 from Circle D. Trans cooler and lines would have to happen either way so thats a wash. $125 for a shift kit $200 for shortening the rear and buying a new front shaft (from a 2500 GM PN 15182094)

So i will be just over 2k all said and done for something that should hold much more than im making. Basically setting myself up in every aspect for some FI at some point.

Should have mentioned that lol..Thats the thing, i would need to do some different motor mods to run boost, but the rest of the drivetrain will be ready for more power. I would have to at the very least swap back to 317s with a thicker head gasket and swap the cam and some other things, depending if i went tvs style or pro charger.

I really have no plans of that right now, and im hoping im happy enough with this set up for a few years lol. Could always run some spray if I needed more.

Last edited:
haha no worries.

I dont know what to do for wheels on this thing. I love the TBSS wheels in comp grey, but i dont know if I want 22s. I dont know whats out there in 20s besides stockers. I dont really want to run stock 20s. Anyone have any ideas? The truck is going to end up white or dark silver. Comp grey would look nice with white, not sure about silver on grey.

thought about the euromax 515 but not sure if im set on that. 20s are cheaper and tires are much cheaper, plus will ride a little better.

or yukon 20s

or 22 TBSS

Last edited:
I say tahoe 20s if you do OE wheels because they flow better with the lines of the early nbs Silverados better. Next would be TBSS reps, I wonder if actual TBSS 20s would work with you being low and having to run adapters.

Id like to see something other than oem wheels aswell. Although, tbss reps look great, I would go polished if you decide to get them.

Silver paint with polished tbss reps imfo

Ya I just don't know what there is out there not OEM. I would love polished, but it rains all the time around here and the roads are always dirty. I don't think I could keep them looking very good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

So ya i think i've decided on polished tbss reps (if i can find them in stock) I guess they are clear coated, so upkeep shouldn't be terrible on them. If they ever start looking like shit, i can sand the clear coat off and be able to take care of them. Think i'm going to run a 275/40.22 which is just over 30". Should give me a little better ride and some protection. A 265/35 is a little small for the roads around here.

Non oem is hard because so many are trash or expensive. But I'm bored with my oem wheels. They look good, I love them, but I'm ready for a change.

Thats exactly it. I have liked my Boss wheels (304 on the bagged truck, 330s on the tahoe) but they both had small pitting issues after 3-4 years. I dont want to drop 2k on a set of wheels either. I know the TBSS are probably a little heavy, but i think they have a nice look and i've never seen another set around here.

I cant talk myself into going 20s i dont think. Only ones I like are the Yukons like you have.

arent oem SS wheels 20's?

Trailblazer SS OEM are 20". Those are only Trailblazer bolt pattern. They make a 22" replica in silverado and trailblazer bolt pattern. If they made a 20" in silverado pattern, that would have been a done deal.
Love the stance

Thanks man. The rear is actually going to come up 1" once I can torch out the leaf spring bolts and put new bushing and lift shackles in. Its got 1.5" of cali right now. I will adjust the front from there. Im pretty negative right now on my CV angles, which will be bad for 4x4 launches.

Sent from my potato

got my go fast package from TSP today. Hopefully get the motor torn down, cleaned, and back together this weekend.

:nice:

Is that intake going on the 99 with all the other goodies? If so do a write up so I can have a guide to follow if I decide to just keep mine and do it. :crazy:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup. Its a TBSS intake with a 90mm TB. Have to modify my stock throttle cable bracket (since they are DBW). Im running a 2002 corvette fuel filter. It goes right on the end of the returnless fuel rail, and has both hook ups for the return style fuel system that 99-02 have. I was going to go with an aftermarket fuel reg, but the Aeromotive 340 pump im getting will be fine for the filter/reg combo. The Walboro 400 put out too much pressure for that set up. Other than that, its just bolt on, cap the EVAP and tune out or run a hose and hook to stock EVAP. Swap sensors from stock TB and your good to go.

Yea, I have everything to do it, just got tired of messing with it. If it don't sale in the next week I'll prob just put it on. Still need to fab up a bracket for the cable though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk