04 RCSB Silverado Slow Build

So exhaust has been on my mind lately, Im wanting to do a side exit infront of the passenger rear tire. I currently have a flow master super 10 single 3" in and dual 2.5" out to some 3" tips. Wondering if I should keep the muffler when i side pipe it, or get rid of it and run 3" piping to a single in dual out tip. Any suggestions?

So exhaust has been on my mind lately, Im wanting to do a side exit infront of the passenger rear tire. I currently have a flow master super 10 single 3" in and dual 2.5" out to some 3" tips. Wondering if I should keep the muffler when i side pipe it, or get rid of it and run 3" piping to a single in dual out tip. Any suggestions?
Imo keep the muffler. That short of a run with nothing will be super loud unless that's what you want

sent from my glade air freshner

I want it louder than it currently is, maybe its because ive gotten use to it currently, but its quiet to me. So yes looking for more loud but I don't want to be that dick with an insanely loud idle with no cam

I want it louder than it currently is, maybe its because ive gotten use to it currently, but its quiet to me. So yes looking for more loud but I don't want to be that dick with an insanely loud idle with no cam
Then the single 3" out to the dual tips is your ticket. I had something similar on my old truck and it wasn't too bad

Just run 3" inch pipe with a corsa style tip

Thats what i was thinking. No muffler. 3" piping. That style tip. That way if need be i can hack out some pipe and replace it with a si/so 3" muffler
Exactly simple and clean and cheap too

Oh and post up a clip or pic when you get it done

So google hasn't been very helpful lately but I have a question. I might be looking at upgrading my current 105amp alternator. From what I've found an 145amp off a 6.0l will bolt directly But I will just need a bigger belt. Now what about a 160amp alt from an 06? Will it fit? Will I need a new belt?

From what I remember when I looked into it briefly, the 145 is the same overall size at the 105. The 160 is larger overall though compared to those two.

Alright guys I need your help. I just finished doing a led cluster swap I used a rgb led stirp and tied the controller power to where the light bulb would be for the trans temp. MY problem is that where would show my milage no longer lights up, the prnd321 does but the odometer does not any ideas? I know a few scorched part on the cluster itself too. Before i started this it worked fine, what did I do? How do I fix?
36044933732_e9a116d9c8_b.jpg

35818652540_dc453ce2c5_b.jpg

35818653590_fb885860bb_b.jpg

35375743094_2e608a0f4b_b.jpg

These are the weird looking parts
36044934112_0c85cb59e8_b.jpg

35818693570_88caaf4a18_b.jpg

Last edited:
So after trying what fourstar said, We have determined the board itself is shorting out a resistor as it keeps blowing one off the board so its time for a new cluster woohoo

So I have decided now is the time more than anything to do an Escalade cluster swap. From what I've read its a direct plug and play. My question is as of now my cluster does not display engine oil life or mpg average. Just engine hours, trip counter, and odometer reading. If I swap to an escalade cluster will I gain those features? I am looking for one like the picture below, not to sure what model its out of I believe it is an 05 can anybody help with what model? I know in these trucks the milage is stored within the cluster itself so I will need to have it reprogrammed and also where should I look for one? I don't like rock autos price tag and gmpartsdirect no longer sells it. Since my truck is in miles and I live in Canada I am trying to avoid having to switch over to a km/h cluster.
36212107655_51882e1708_o.jpg

And 2 mondays ago or so I got the truck side piped. Single 3" in dual 2.5" out flowmaster super 10 to 2 3.5" tips. Im diggin the sound.
36076973971_ce8d6c2487_b.jpg

36076974661_dc7d02d262_b.jpg

Last edited:
What was the process of sanding the bumper cap and did you paint it with rattle can? Clean build by the way my truck is the same color but extended cab