01 Sierra Build

All of my other stuff that the original guy did looks fine. The axle has been messed up twice. The first time it was candy red and this second time it was chrome. The original guy is telling me that they are not letting it cool down enough in between coats.

Finally right... 3rd time was the charm, either that or it's because they finally did it the way I told them to (the way my other guy told me to have them do it).

IMG_20130315_081042_zps66f96b86.jpg

IMG_20130315_142604_zps6a234a77.jpg

IMG_20130315_142613_zpscc78a582.jpg

Thanks, working on it now. Welding the brackets to the trans xmember for the compression struts and putting the rear axle together. Hopefully I will have time to get it aligned today too...

Finally right... 3rd time was the charm, either that or it's because they finally did it the way I told them to (the way my other guy told me to have them do it).

IMG_20130315_081042_zps66f96b86.jpg

That looks good, was the housing just to big to fit in the other guys oven or what?

Yeah, he has a smaller oven. It probably would of fit, but he wasn't too confident in doing it.

Last edited:
Guy from across the street at the trans shop came over today to give pointers on gear configuration. Didn't have time to work on it today, but should hopefully be able to get them done, have him check them with his dial indicator, tie up the rear axle and make hard lines for it tomorrow.

Gears are finally set up correctly. Just have to finish up the rear axle, make brake hard-lines and bleed the brakes...